jhnrb 150 reef

Wow, that looks great. Can't wait to see it full of coral.

One suggestion, clear pvc primer works good on cleaning the excess glue off of your pipe and fittings. Since you went the extra mile putting it all together, you might as well make it look top notch.

Where did you learn to do all that??? I would run into so many problems. Did you draw it all up before starting so you knew everything would be placed just right and could be done? That is a dream setup!:bowdown: continue to keep us posted.

SSalty said:
Wow, that looks great. Can't wait to see it full of coral.

One suggestion, clear pvc primer works good on cleaning the excess glue off of your pipe and fittings. Since you went the extra mile putting it all together, you might as well make it look top notch.

The PVC primer softens the pvc and is not recomemnded to be used for any place except where the glue will be going, but, thanks for the thought. following is the systemfull of water and circulating.

Filling system
IM003775.JPG

Moon lights on. poor pic, the white are the glitter lines. no leaks so far and system total will hold apprx. 7 barrels.
IM003780.JPG

Last edited:
AHA and let there be water. Looks great, but were did the fake fish go.LOL I liked those little guys.

well I hate to admit it but i did have one fitting that was questionable, and yes you guessed it, I had a leak. cut it out and fixed it. added salt to day to start the process.

reeffreak said:
Houston we have lift off!
I know it will be one awesome reef.
One quick ???,where did you get those rocks,awesome shape.
Base is Hi Rock, top part is figi out of a system and the clear at top is figi all dead.

NewbReefer said:
Where did you learn to do all that??? I would run into so many problems. Did you draw it all up before starting so you knew everything would be placed just right and could be done? That is a dream setup!:bowdown: continue to keep us posted.

I have been very fortunate in my working career, with at least 4 major career changes over the years covering a wide range of exposure to electrical, plumbing, mechanical, building, and quality control. thanks for the question. no plans all from what I wanted in the system.

Oh yeah, this thing's going to be spectacular!!! I've really enjoyed watching the build of this system and I can't wait to see it as it grows even more!!!

If it wasnt for the divorce it would cause,I would by Jhnrb a plain ticket and pay em just to sit me up a system like that.
Oh,I'd also have to hit the lottery and rib a bank all in the same day to pay for all the equipment too.

Thanks all for the kind words. It has been somewhat of a fun project but, now the real fun begins. will update in couple weeks. working weekends lately. bah. cleanup starts soon and second electrical circuit needs to be completed.

current pic of tank cycling. water is circulating and cycle has started.
lights on except no MH at this point.

IM004004.JPG

IM004003.JPG

Last edited:
Back