Jp's 72 gal Bow

They take forever to split. I've had a blue one that has been in the process of splitting for two months now. It's getting there... It finally developed a second mouth, but it still hasn't broken off from the "mother ricordea". That's why they're more expensive than regular shrooms -- they don't reproduce as easily.

They were 3 for $50. The blue is little bigger than a quarter the 2 oranges are smaller and one orange has 2 mouths. Never heard or seen them before until Biff mentioned them on another thread. But did loose one out of the cut and spent 1/2 a day looking for it.
Okay I will just wait it out. thanks

My latest piece?

A015.jpg

A005.jpg

And my ricordeas

A017.jpg

A010.jpg

A008.jpg

Need to get a tripod they are a little blurry

B006.jpg

B001.jpg

B008.jpg

B009.jpg

B010.jpg

B011.jpg

B012.jpg

mostly frags so it looks a little bare to me. Still want a few more corals to put closer to the top. but I think right now I should have plenty of growing room since every think is still small.

Jp,your tank looks great.Your frags look great too.There's plenty of room for whole bunch more frags.You make me wanna get my old bowfront out of storage.

don't worry, they will fill out in no time. Great coral choices. Don't get too frustrated when the Ricordias don't split very fast. It seems as if they are just slow to do it, which is probably why they are so expensive to buy. Great pics

-Doc

Fantastic looking pics! Doc is right about the ricordeas, my regular old mushrooms split overnight. My ricordeas seem to take upwards of three months to split.

Just looking for some different color corals now and maybe some rare or hard to find corals. Really like the Acan Lord I got. It was 15 a polyp paid for five but when got home noticed it had 8.Anybody have them or have any more info. Read M.current M.to H. light and grows faster if target feed.
With the ricordeas now their not going to spread out to fast. What do you feed them.

oops
Is there any you see that should be target fed more than once a week?
Right now I give the zoas, hammer,frogspawn, shrooms,and yellow polyps brine shrimp and a food called Rods has everything in it. Then everything else zooplex. Don't want to over feed but want to feed enough for more rapid growth.

Last edited:
The only thing I see that would possibly be needed to be fed is the yellow polyps.Thats all I know about Acans is what you already mentioned,Oh and btw,the Rod's food is awesome.The best frozen cube food I have tried yet.It even has oyster eggs.The stuff is not cheap though.

I cannot remember if you only have yellow star polyps. If so, they don't need anything to spread like a weed all over your tank in a short period of time. I put mine in and in about 3 months, it has quintupled in size.

-Doc

Some pics of the new things I got.
Have 4 of these snails
C034.jpg

C030.jpg

My new goby. Had a cloud in the tank for a week from him sifting all the sand did a great job but now is trying to undermine all the rocks. Glad I put them in before the sand.
C021.jpg

C018.jpg

Then the clam. I could not wait any longer for these.
C015.jpg

C013.jpg

wow awesome clams. sweet goby too. I had one like that.... never sifted my sand though. just burrowed by a rock. nassarius snails are great too. will definitely do well for your sand bed aswell

Back