• 2x Blood Red Shrimp
  • Electric Blue Hermit
  • 4x Emeral Crab
  • Blue Tuxedo Urchin
  • 3x Conch snails
  • 3x Nass snails
  • A red starfish (?)

Corals (all 2-3 inch)
  • Sympodium Coral (might be blue Anthelia, too small to tell right now)
  • Frogspawn/Torch (not sure which now that I look at pics)
  • Green Starburst Polyp
  • Jasmine Polyp

Coral frags
  • Green Trumpet
  • White Starburst Polyp
  • Green Fluorescent Mushroom
  • Red Mushroom
  • Colony Polyp Orange/Green
  • Colony Polyp Maroon/Red
  • Hammer
  • Duncan

This is a work in progress as I dig up more images and upload more video, but I've been working on a website to showcase my reef tank.

Check it out here. This link also shows in my signature. :D

For any software developers out there, I'm using Twitter Bootstrap for styles on this, makes standing up a new site very fast.

A few days ago - on a whim - I picked up a Scooter Dragonet. I have to say, I absolutely love this little guy. He's SO fun to watch "scoot" around the tank like a little cartoon fish.

I didn't realize until yesterday morning that he buries himself in the sand at night. I went down to check out the tank before going to work. As I was scanning the tank I noticed his frog-like eyes poking out of the sand. *blink blink* I couldn't help but quietly say "ohh hi little guy!"

Video: Scooter Dragonet - YouTube

Is he eating frozen? They are a hard little fish to keep if you cant get them on frozen foods.. I wish you luck I had one for about 2 years, fun little fish to watch in the tank.. :D

Is he eating frozen? They are a hard little fish to keep if you cant get them on frozen foods.. I wish you luck I had one for about 2 years, fun little fish to watch in the tank.. :D

I made sure he was eating mysis before I bought him (I watched them feed him at the LFS). He has a great appetite. Every time I feed the fish he's right out there waiting for something to float his way.

A new addition to my tank... really happy with this Sun Polyp Coral.
sun-polyp-coral.jpg

Got these on the same trip (the two green guys) ... don't remember what they're called? It was one frag, but broke while I was acclimating it. Now I have two frags. :)

IMG_3073.jpg

Picked up a small (about 2") green Bubble Tip anemone yesterday. He came in on the rock shown in the first picture below, then last night he moved to the rocks right next to where I put it. Hopefully he stays there, that's where I wanted him. :)

anemone_00.jpg

anemone_01.jpg

Nice pics:bowdown:
btw may I ask you what is the brand/model of your sump?

Sorry I just noticed this... I'm not sure what brand my sump is, or if there even IS a brand. Some guy by my LFS makes and sells the one I got.

If I were to do it again, I'd get one with a (better) bubble trap. I'm in the process of building a Rubbermaid sump kinda like d2mini's right now.

So I just hung two new EcoTech Radion lights to replace my AquaUFO's. I made the decision to upgrade because I needed more light, and with a middle support bar down the center of my tank, adding a third AquaUFO wouldn't have worked.

The Radions are (as assumed) amazing. I feel like I need to use a swear word there to get the point across a little better. ;)

These pics are horrible but I'm posting them anyway...

AquaUFO's (old)
aqua-ufo.jpg

EcoTech Radions (new)
radion.jpg

Half and half
50-50.jpg

I ended up mounting the second Radion to my canopy with bolts as suggested by the kind sir at my LFS. It was WAY easier then making the stupid wire set to mount the other one, AND it's straight. Once I find a few more of those bolts I'll mount the other one with bolts too.

Wired mount
wire-hung.jpg

Bolt mount
bolt-hung.jpg

Back