Kyle's Super Awesome 40 Gallon Reef

And now the waiting game. Lol. It looks really good though. I really like that blue background gives it a nice clean look. What's the dimensions of that 40 gallon? Is that what they call a breeder tank?

Yes, and I believe its 36x18x16. Height is what in unsure of. I need to pick up a heater Monday when my other powerhead, ATO and pH pen get here. Then still just waiting on my light. Hopefully that's within 2 weeks or so.

1393367341293.jpg
1393367460306.jpg
1393367796318.jpg

Bad news time. The ATO is super cool, but my water level is above the bottom of the rim and the laser can't see through it (obvioisly). Any ideas? I was thinking of cutting a half-circle out of the rim to raise it to where it needs to be and there would still be plenty of plastic left on the rim.

Good news is my Scarlet Skunk is still alive and looks to be doing a little better, but is missing most of an antennae. I assume its from when I netted him.

That's good news about the shrimp

If you don't want to do the half circle cut out then just lower your water level a 1/2".
Trimming the rim won't hurt anything.

Bad news time. The ATO is super cool, but my water level is above the bottom of the rim and the laser can't see through it (obvioisly). Any ideas? I was thinking of cutting a half-circle out of the rim to raise it to where it needs to be and there would still be plenty of plastic left on the rim.

Good news is my Scarlet Skunk is still alive and looks to be doing a little better, but is missing most of an antennae. I assume its from when I netted him.
wont the antennae reappear on next moult?in other words wont he grow a new one?

I would think over time, yes. But he's still kicking and strted being a little more active recently. Hopefully it all ends well.

No it won't, he was dead this morning. :( But I will get another in a couple weeks, I guess. How many have cleaners do you guys think I can have? I'm thinking of two peppermints and at least one scarlet skunk. I also need to grab some more snails since this tank is twice the size. I currently have two astreas, four nassarius, six nerites and 11 Florida ceriths.

No it won't, he was dead this morning. :( But I will get another in a couple weeks, I guess. How many have cleaners do you guys think I can have? I'm thinking of two peppermints and at least one scarlet skunk. I also need to grab some more snails since this tank is twice the size. I currently have two astreas, four nassarius, six nerites and 11 Florida ceriths.
kyle i have read that a tank with a lot of cleaners will be wiped out by the dominant one but if you get a pair there usually ok.dont know how true as bet there are lots of people with more than 2.

I've never heard that, actually. I have heard they can become aggressive if there are too many, though. I was just thinking a pair of peps and maybe two skunks, but probably one.

Back