Kyle's Super Awesome 40 Gallon Reef

kbuser92 updated Kyle's Super Awesome 40 Gallon Reef

Welcome to my showcase and thanks for stopping by. I hope ou enjoy my work!

I have a 40 gallon breeder (36"x18"x16") mixed reef. It is currently running without a sump or outside filtration of any kind. Flow is provided by three Hydor Koralia powerheads and my lighting is 55x3 watt LED's in the ReefBreeders Value fixture.

I run my lights on a timer from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and they are currently set at 25% on each channel. There are 28 LED's in the 450 nm range, 6 at 420 nm, 6 at 480 nm, 2 at 660 nm and 13 at 4,500°K.

My temperature is kept fairly stable between 80-81℉, salinity is kept at 1.025-1.026 with an auto top off unit and using Reef Crystals and my pH is a pretty steady 8.1.

Check back often for updates and pictures and thanks again for looking.

View updates to this showcase item...

1395509671063.jpg

Thanks. After some reading, I'm not sure it's actually A. yongei, but time will tell. That's what it was sold as. At least its a green acro and had good extension when I put it in. And it was superglued to the plug so I got it off easily.

Lol. I may try that. I jokingly asked how much he'd give me if I fragged what I wanted he said $20/total polyps x what I bring back. So I may "cheat"...or I know a guy that wants some of those, radioactive dragon eyes and a red monti frag, so that's plan b.

Back