Lets see your MD

You could try live brine (most lfs carry it) and then coax him to frozen brine, then to mysis. That order worked for me. Good luck.

Art

Here's my guy. I think he has gotten a little skinnier since i got him. I do have a fuge set up with lots of rock and macro algae (for pod growth). I notice him constantly pecking all over the tank, I'm assuming he is eating pods. But I still wonder if he's not getting enough food. He is ORA raised and supposed to eat frozen food, but I've never seen him actively go for my frozen foods (brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, and "prime reef" frozen food mix). Is there a specific food someone has experience in that knows mandarins can't resist?!

The issue with the ORA mandarines that they often revert back to only live foods because of the stress of shipping. If you cant see him eating the frozen, i would assume he has converted back to live only and work on getting him trained.

i want one but i just finished a qt for my other fish because my main tank had ick. 8 weeks later it should be ok. now did you qt your md ?. 75 , sump , fuge, 2 years old lots of pods.

house.jpg

I guess I misread brian's post...no, I've had the same mandarin since day 30 of my tank...I've had close calls with him but he's never died. I'm sure I woulda through a shit fit and everyone woulda heard about it lol.

I guess I misread brian's post...no, I've had the same mandarin since day 30 of my tank...I've had close calls with him but he's never died. I'm sure I woulda through a shit fit and everyone woulda heard about it lol.

Yea, I don't know why but, I thought I remembered you posting a couple months back that you had lost your mandarin and you replaced him.

Well he wasnt looking good for about a week but he pulled through...if he goes down the tank comes down and i upgrade....this bowed front is killin me....

Back