LionFish's Journey to the Big Tank Club (Loads of pics)

Today was a long Boring day of Painting

I will spare you the Boring pics and just show the Final paint shot
IMG00109.jpg

IMG00110.jpg

great job. I am jealous, I have to paint a few rooms as well as replace a floor before I can set up my 90.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I should be ready to get the tank tommorow!
I have been scouring the net trying to find Cheaper Used parts
Sumps, Pumps,
I have the lights narrowed down to

This
3 400 watt pfo ballast and 3 400 watt hamilton 10k mh
and 2 36" reflectors
$550 Local guy so no shipping charges
Or ordering a new constilation T5 14 bulb
f0 $980 shipped with bulb choice( just like freeks)
if I do this there will be no money for a Bigger Skimmer and I doubt my 65 Super skimmer will phase this tank

I could go with the Cheaper Stand and canopy but I love the Stand i am getting.

I must a lazy SOB because every time I see pics of work,I get tired.

Thats sounds like a really good deal for 3 400w MH.PFO and Hamilton makes good quality stuff.Think very hard about the lights and other equipment.Not only the quality and price of the equipment but the electricity consumption.1200w of just lights(no supplements) is a lot right there even before adding up the other equipment.My return pump is over 300w and it runs 24/7.What,I'm trying to say is my damn electricity bill has doubled,that sucks!.I guess I better start turning more lights off and computers to offset the price.Also keep in mine how much MH warms a tank and the whole room.

Good luck and choose wisely.

Last edited:
I like the true blue lights, the 65K. The other is so purple, it doesn't let my fish stand out.

Doc,6500k is yellow,very wishy-washy.Those don't look good without actinics.

Lion,10k is white but still wishy-washy too.You would need to go with some actinics or use 14k bulbs or higher depending on what looks good to your eyes.

went to get the tank heres the stand and canopy
IMG00112.jpg

The tank is behind me in the explorer( my seats were pushed all the way up.
IMG00113.jpg

The beast crosses the threshhold
IMG00114.jpg

And finds its home
newtank001.jpg

I went with the perfecto 220 W/corner overflows
newtank003.jpg

newtank004.jpg

Merman pic! ( my mermaid is napping)

newtank005.jpg

Now the fun begins

Where'd did you ger that cool looking fish?What kind is it? Looks like he'll out grow even tank in no time.:mrgreen:

incredible. I am SOOOOO jealous. How much did that beast set you back, if you don't mind my asking? FYI, I would have lied about the gallons and claim 260 just to piss off Biff, not like anyone is going to come over and measure your tank. That is what I plan on doing. Beautiful to see, looking forward to what you put in it.

lol I am gonna push it over the Total biffy water level on the Sump TBA at a later date!

All out the tank stand and canopy was $1,200 and some change

great find!!! I have not found one for less than about $1500. For me, I am waiting to upgrade until I can afford what I really want - HUGE. I will live vicariously through you until then. What are you planning for livestock? Of course I will put in my vote for a big angelfish.

Back