LionFish's Journey to the Big Tank Club (Loads of pics)

i actually saw a couple queens i really loved. and a koran juvy i liked aswell

I really like yellow tangs and regals, so i know i will have a few of each
I love the bigger sailfins as well. I want a few mandrine gobys
clowns

I want another lionFish but dont want to hassle with what fish i can keep with it , so i will hold off,

now you are talking my language!!! As far as angels go, there are few as pretty as Queen Angels. They are not good with LPS corals or gorgonias. you can keep them with SPS and most softies, especially leathers. Xenia will be lunch. I have a Juv Koran who is changing into adult phase right now. It is a magnificent fish. He does nip from time to time, but not enough to cause real damage and the corals show no lasting damage.

As for lionfish, I have had marvelous success with Radiata Lionfish getting along with all tangs and angels - I had one until an unfortuante accident ended up killing him. The only difficult part with those lionfish is getting them to eat. Krill works the best, just thaw them out and let it go in the current. they are hunters and like to see their food move. As for tankmates, I kept him for almost a year (he was about 7 inches) with a yellow-bellied damsel and a pair of ocellaris clowns. I am a believer that clowns do just great if they have an anemone to host in with larger, more aggressive fish. Radiatas are no where as aggressive as the volitans, IMHO, having had both several times.

Can't wait to see what you are going to do.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

It seems that they bulge out to far.I have to curve the rocks around them.I don't know why but the All Glass doesn't have corner overflows on 210 but they have both styles for their 180.

Good idea on covering part of sides where you can't see the plumbing.

Did a little plumbing today , Pics to come

I think i may have went a lil over board on the valves
I bought 4, 1 on each overflow and return

Now i can start adding water.

Dang.
Wish I had of held out for corner overflows on mine.
Like you siad Reef,Its a pain to try to make the rock like you want um with that big black sticking out 4 inches into the tank.

gonna have to search out what my Overflows are rated at . cant believe the paper work dont say it .

heres my mermaid.
newtank001-1.jpg

Plumbing today
newtank002.jpg

newtank003-1.jpg

Oh and I added Water lol Yeaaaah no leaks Woo hoo!
newtank004-1.jpg

I even tested for leaks around the bulkheads.
newtank005-1.jpg

Last edited:
Mine are one inch drains and rated at 600 g/p/h each overflow. so you would be rated 1200 gal per hour, unless your drains are larger. but you are still limited by the size and number of holes feeding water to the overflow.

Last edited:
pics look great. I hope my tank hold water too. I love the pic with the kids inside!!!

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Back