Mantis tank build

He's defintly going to molt.....hes closing all the lil holes to his "burrow"....even spashed the sun coral frag i put in and filled a hole with it......hopefully this goes smooth. Guess ill find out ina week or so.

Also someone from a different forum has inspired me to throw in some marbles for him to play with....should be interesting...

5cecfe10.jpg

Ima wait a week or so before i put them in...i really think he's going to molt and dont wanna freak em out. I will most def be recording when i do put them in to see his reaction. I think the marbles could almost be used as a "frag plug" for some of the zoa's flying around his tank too(literally flying...theres no dead spots so they zoom around the tank all day). What cha think.

Well its been a long 8 days. I had a feeling last night was going to be the night, so i made sure my moonlights were off and the tank completetly black. Woke up this morning and seen his head peaking out his burrow....i was like cmon really, still thought no molt.....started cleaning my messy apt....second time i go pass the tank and i took a glance. He had the ass end of his molt in his hands and placed it on the outer edge of his burrow. He doesnt like that part to eat apparently coz he didnt eat it for his first molt either. Big sigh of releif here. Ill give him a few more days before i try to feed him. His new shell still isnt ready i bet and he'll stay in his burrow for a few days. Thats all for now.

Looks like a nice spot!!! Im more in envy that you have the ocean in your backyard.

haha thank you. Marines brought us out here and I went native LOL
This is one of my favorite spots to be, about 15 min away from me and I always see things. Last time I saw a sting ray about 6 ft across, it was magnificent
15966_210153103216_823418216_3051420_1720803_n.jpg.

When I cant be there I like to hit up the Aquarium of the Pacific which is always great, they have everything there. I have some pictures of their setups and THAT is serious tank envy LOL

Ok I am done hijacking your thread now LOL

We need more videos of this thing. Please dont take offense when I say Im totally disgusted by it an fascinated by it at the same time. It reminds me of a roach

We need more videos of this thing. Please dont take offense when I say Im totally disgusted by it an fascinated by it at the same time. It reminds me of a roach

Funny.....but in all seriousness, just as ppl see their dogs as their family....my mantis is my family....jus sayin..

You'll never know what its like to own one till you actually have one. :Cheers:

Anywho ill try and make some more video's. You can subscribe to my youtube account as i dont post all the vids here.

Heres what he didnt eat......he really does not like his booty. I seen him today also and he looked fine. Just really "light" in color, im sure he'll darken up once his shell hardens up. The only reason i fished these out is because he was out n about, seemed fine and he clearly threw them out as if they were trash. One was in the front of the tank and one by his backdoor entrance to his burrow.

2dc7776d.jpg

a87c5e70.jpg

a2c89f10.jpg

Back