Marinne's 65G LPS tank

I already re-aquascaped lol...you can't tell but it has a lot more depth up front and more places for corals

Attachments

• DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 250
only thing I am baffled by are my Ammonia and Nitrite readings...I had a slight spike in ammonia when I initially started the tank last weekend, about .25-.50) and last night it was at 0 after I put in this LR????

now today it's back to .50 and nitrites are .50...I have gotten LR that was uncured before and I usually get a huge 8ppm spike of ammonia and it's not doing anything right now...maybe this rock isn't as dead as I thought? there are no visible creatures living on it

I know there is bacteria but I am wondering if I should add more ammonia or just let it go, it is converting to nitrites right now

Last edited:
I've used divers den from live aquaria before, they ship things correctly so that it arrives in good shape. Chances are, you just didn't have a lot of die off :)

That you see. I bought three pieces of LR and saw nothing that looked remotely live on any of it. Two days ago, I took out a large piece of what was once base rock, because it had a 8" Bristle Worm tucked inside of it. Lol, give it time. You'll see pods and assorted other critters show up :)

as long as it's not a mantis I don't care...most of my pieces are very small but the bigger one has the clicking, and that rock still is only about 7 inches long

here are some pics, sorry the suck as the lighting is terrible right now

Attachments

• DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 232
Back