Marinne's Reef

I won't be doing an SPS for a while, maybe a year down the road or so...the NWB110 is rated for 100 gallons but I fear I may need at least one for 150+

we made our own sump for it, bought some acrylic and used bonding agent...it's a 48X15X15, nicest sump I have ever had lol

I am running 3 AI Sols, 2 MP10's, ATO, 2 RK units, dosing pumps, hard plumbed intake with soft plumbed return lines

still don't have a pump for it yet, I only have an Eheim that will do 570GPH or so

750 isn't bad as far as turning the tank around. I'd do more flow inside the tank then mp10s. Invest in some Wp 25s or 40s. Pretty nice bang for their buck. And that's a pretty large sump. Gonna do a refugium as well?

I don't trust the reliability of them...my return pump might work though, I am pushing probably 500gph through it which is enough

I have my only fish in the sump as well, two black and white snowflakes that I might keep in there...they do have a 30inch long fuge lol

Have you had them before and had issues? Or just heard about people with problems? Like I said, we are running 10s, 25s, and 40s on a ton of our set ups and have not once, had any issue so far.

If you're going to have a lower gph pump circulating the tank, I'd still recommend putting some powerheads lower in the tank, and aiming them higher. It'll help bring up water from the bottom to oxygenate it, as well as keeping any debris from settling. I'd probably point it in the general vicinity of the overflows too.

My WPs have been running for a year with ZERO issues. A friend has Vortechs and has already replaced the shafts in his in the same time frame, mine are still running strong. I've heard a lot more bad about the Vortechs than I have about the Jebao pumps.

My WP 10 ran flawlessly until I cleaned it since it has stopped working twice in W1 mode. I ran it for about an hour in H1 in full power and it seems too have fixed it's attitude problem.

I guess I don't mind the wave makers but not convinced on Jebao's DC pumps...I have 2 MP10's on the back wall, a Koralia 1200 on the right side and a Tunze 6045 on the left

plus my return which I will be upgrading to the Sicce 5.0

I had over 100 gallons of water and 70lbs of LR that I added from my old 65G reef so the 180 is already cycled...I would in theory like to add the tangs all at once to avoid aggression...I want a Kole and hippo for sure, don't know what other one I want yet

sorry but it's a cell pic

Attachments

• 20140828_185030.jpg
    20140828_185030.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 203
I did get a hippo and Kole tang...hippo is now showing some spots, still eating like a pig

I am hoping they pull through, I would start a QT tank but it's also a lot of money for something that may not work

Back