Marinne's Reef

Nice acans :). Try slowly upping the lights to about 55-60%. If you do a slow acclimation for it, it should be okay. Still think you should get the Hydra :)

great....don't know what it is then, I have been uploading pictures like this forever

anyhow, anyone know why acans would recede at night?? they open in the day and extend feeders but close at night

so I am still having diatoms on the sand bed and my tank is almost 2 months old...not sure why it isn't going away, I am using RO with a silicate DI cartridge and a 20% WC weekly

I also have chaeto in the back chamber but it doesn't seem to be growing at all?? not sure why as I do feed heavy for my LPS but my nitrates aren't over .25 ppm

none of my snails touch it either

I never had white substrate either. I got more snails and they died. I think it is just normal? Mine has a brown tint to it on top of coraline going crazy. I have only seen complete white sand beds in a new set up or heavy sifting.

Its not on the rocks so who knows...some of my zoos arent opening which is odd, havent changed anything and no pests however they are sprouting babies like mad

Here is a pic

Attachments

• 20140430_144212.jpg
    20140430_144212.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 242
I don't know if those snails in the bottom are all dead, but I got some snails from a highly recommended source on this site and 60% were doa. Per instructions, it said to put them in and I had a horrible break out then. Point matter, you have one hell of alot of snails

Back