My 55 gallon after 64 days...

AlwaysImproving

Reefing newb
I started my tank on May 21st. Here's what I have..

55 Gallon Glass Aquarium
55 lbs Live Fiji Rock.
30 lbs of live sand.
Sea Prizm HOB Protein Skimmer
Aqueon HOB Filter (2)
Powerhead rated for 750 GPH.
T5HO lighting system

Livestock includes

Some mexican snails/astrai snails
4 Emerald Crabs
Pencil Sea Urchin

True Percula Clown
Coral Beauty
6 Line Wrasse

A bunch of zoa frags, a sweet looking palys frag, Galaxia, Ricordea Mushroom, Regular red mushroom, Frogspawn, Gorgonian

It's not letting me post pictures right now, must be a problem with the server. I will come back to update

Attachments

• 6line.jpg
    6line.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 379
  • clown:frog.jpg
    clown:frog.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 381
WOW.... if your tank has only been going for 65 days thats way too much stuff... especially the corals, they need an enviroment that takes months to establish.... and probably more light....

WOW.... if your tank has only been going for 65 days thats way too much stuff... especially the corals, they need an enviroment that takes months to establish.... and probably more light....
Actually rics zoas palys and reg mushrooms and gorgonia are all things that require minimal lighting.

Looking good alwaysimproving. hopefully the galaxia stays healthy. I absolutely love that coral. looks good so far.

Those are pretty easy corals to keep. Most people add the first corals a couple months after the tank has cycled, so it's not that unusual. Some people like to wait at least a year before adding corals, and that's great that they're being cautious, but I don't think it's necessary.

I think a lot of it depends on the TYPE of corals.
Its usually not a good idea to start loading up on SPS in a newer tank.But most softies come from more nutrient rich waters with wider parameter swings in the wild.

I decided to just post everything on photobucket. There is no order or anything but it's all the pictures I have. I want to get moon lights and a good camera to start taking some really good pictures. For those of you that think all these corals after 2 months is too much, I don't agree. However I did prematurely buy 2 brain frags yesterday and just received them today. You can yell at me for that because I am regretting buying it already but it was an impulse buy where I was kind of forced into getting them. Ask Outlazz for more details...lol

Although I am new to the hobby I believe I am an addict already. Being broke and addicted to my tank is a big problem so in order to keep up with it I'm planning on a 120 softie propagandation tank. Mainly zoas but I will be trying to sell colonys or frags locally (craigslist, forums) and ebay. I don't want to post all my stuff for sale on here once it gets going because I am here for the hobby, not to make money!

Cliffnotes: Im not patient, addicted to the hobby, and starting a prop frag tank.

Photobucket link.Pictures by JGOLDMAN519 - Photobucket

Back