My First Salt Water Tank 29 Gallon!!!

Yup, leave the sand alone. You should have a cleaner crew of nassarius snails to keep it stirred and keep crap from settling on the top of it. But you don't want to disturb the sandbed.

I have been stiring the sand up every couple days to make the tank look a little better so i wont see the diatoms stuff as much. Should i not do this?

Nope, I wouldn't either. Diatoms are a normal part of the cycling process, and nothing's going to get rid of them besides waiting them out :(

Stirring up your sand could do a couple bad things: disturb the bacteria that you're trying to grow in the sand bed and release detritus into the water causing a spike (which could hurt your animals).

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02315.jpg

DSC02317.jpg

nice new fish. it will be interesting to see what those clowns start to host with no corals in there. probably a powerhead or something.

Thanks for the comments people!!! I know my firefish is my fav. I also have a Keyhole Angelfish but its kinda hard to get him to stay still long enough to take a pic. My diatoms are fading away!!!

Back