My little chunk of ocean! 210 Gallon Build

i shut down the 180 project. sold everything out of my 58 and i am cycling a 28gal nano. quick rundown..... Life Happened.

I finished skinning the stand today. Time for paint soon, and I also have to figure out exactly how I will do the doors.

Saltwater1220016.jpg

Saltwater1220015.jpg

Saltwater1220014.jpg

Velcro is a great idea! Thanks! Magnets could also work. I am glad I posted these pics cause I haven't thought of any of those ideas! The side door will be my guinea pig door, I will see what is going to work with that door and repeat it on the front. I put that door in the side to have access to the sump if it needed to come out. I did a lot of planning before and during this build, but funny enough I will probably still miss something that would have been a good idea.

I flush mounted the small door tonight. The magnets workd like a charm. I used a roto zip to sink them into the plywood.

Saltwater1220017.jpg

Saltwater1220018.jpg

I also bought some stainless steel handles.
Saltwater1220020.jpg

I chewed it off! No I orignially didn't plan on using that piece of wood for the door but I decided to flush mount with magnets. That will be covered by the molding I will be using, if not I have another piece of ply if needed. I drilled holes in each corner to get the jigsaw in. I just went a little farther in on that particular corner.

Back