new 60 gallon tank.... peaceful vs predator tank suggestions

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by Ghost2Kill, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Ghost2Kill

Ghost2Kill

I've done some research and these are the fish I found for my 60 gallon fowlr tank.... the tank is only about 1 week setup so i know it'll be a while before i start adding fish... anyways here are the fish... add suggestions as to what fish go well together and having peaceful tank vs predator tank....

Bicolor dwarf angelfish

Copperband Butterfly

Heniochus Butterfly

Banggai Cardinal

Percula Clownfish

Mandaria Dragonnet

Blue Spotted Jawfish

Saddleback Butterfly

Blue Spotted Puffer

Antennata lionfish

Snowflake eel

yellowhead eel

zebra dwarf lionfish

picasso triggerfish(wish i could have but tank is only 60 gallon... my favorite fish)

Ghost2Kill, Feb 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Ghost2Kill

little_fish Moderator

I would drop the bigger lion fish because they will eat anything that they can put in their mouth and you have several smaller fish. Plus multiple lions dont usually get along.

I would also not put in the copper band, they tend to waste away if not given plenty of aiptasia to eat, and they are extremely difficult to get eating frozen. I would also be concerned about the other butterflies. All butterflies are very delicate, can require specialized foods, and tend to stress very easily. They need to be kept with peaceful fish, and several of your other fish are aggressive (puffer and eel)

Also you need to remember that large, carnivores fish like the eel and lion fish count as several fish towards your stocking list, they are extremely dirty fish. Right now your list puts at severely, severely overstocked. Remember you are limited to about 6 small fish total. So the eel and lions would count as 2 or 3 small fish.

But the good news is, you havent already stuck them in your tank and found yourself in a disastrous situation. Keep on researching! And as you slowly add them to your tank you will find what sort of community you have and what will work for your situation.

little_fish, Feb 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Ghost2Kill

ErinCahir Sausage Wrangler

+1 little_fish. You should also narrow it down and figure out with of your fish will be the most aggressive and add it last. The mandarin would also need to be added later so that your pod population has time to reproduce so there is an adequate food source for it.

ErinCahir, Feb 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question