New Corals

Another LFS is closing here in Fairbnks, Alaska. It has been happening regularly since PETCO came to town. I do like PETCO prices for tanks and salt, but buy nothing else there. No coral is cheap or "good" priced up here. Even the store now going out of business wants $8.50 per pound for their live rock.

I bought another frag of Acans today. :bounce: Bigger than the last frag.

Me thinks the LFS figured out what they have. I paid $29 for this frag today. They have 3 more in stock.

They have pinkish/purple favia for $45 per frag with about 3 or 4 polyps on it. Most polyps about 1" diameter. 3 in stock

They have more blastomussa for $19 per frag now. 2 in stock.

They have a red chalice for $29 per frag. Frags about 2" square.

Pics of my new frag in a couple hours.

3.jpg3.JPG

Nemo is such a camera slut. Can't get enough.
3.jpg8.JPG

Do y'all remember when we talked about a spring frag swap?

I'm ready to trade that rock of zoas. It's the first pic following the mushroom. At LEAST 15 polyps. Maybe (no promises) 19 or 20, but they would be smaller and on the back side where I cannot see them.

I could possibly come up with another (larger, 20--30 polyps) frag of those same zoas, but it would have to be a trade for something pretty cool.

I will also trade a chunk of that yellow polyp rock. I busted a corner off it the other day. Each of the 3 corners that are left would have 15-20 polyps. I'll trade 2 frags of it. Gotta keep part of the mother colony.

I like SPS, cool shrooms, or zoas and LPS polyp type stuff. I like a cool chalice or brain coral. Anything with cool colors. Not too much green and brown stuff.

I don't like softies.

Should we start a new thread and get the spring frag swap running?

the first coral is a blastomussa...those are nice score.

I can get more of those for $12. I really like the blastos. All of them are cool IMO. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO addicted to the colors in the LPS acans. I think I've turned into an Acan snob almost overnight. Some of them are simply stunning.

I need to get some crazy orange, purple and bright reds.

I can see myself with a 300g farm tank in the future.

Ain't acans great.

Although all the lords are the same species no two has the exact same coloration.....so many choices.Look for micromussa too,some has incredible color and incredible prices to go along with them.

Thanks for the compliments.

I had to pay $45 apiece for these latest 3 Acans. Still a darn good price.

They have more, but I am waiting on a tax return. I may go back next week and buy ALL of them. They have about 6 or 7 left. Some the same color, and some different. I just hope they are still available when the tax refund gets deposited into my account.

They have a purple favia that I want BAD, but when I saw these acans I couldn't resist. Nicest ones I've seen in person.

Back