New Corals

Wow Rc!Those look really,really good.

You mean acans at your LFS stick around longer than a few hours?Mine get's orders in on fridays at 5pm....by the time I get there at 7,nothing is left.

Thanks for the compliments.

I had to pay $45 apiece for these latest 3 Acans. Still a darn good price.

They have more, but I am waiting on a tax return. I may go back next week and buy ALL of them. They have about 6 or 7 left. Some the same color, and some different. I just hope they are still available when the tax refund gets deposited into my account.

They have a purple favia that I want BAD, but when I saw these acans I couldn't resist. Nicest ones I've seen in person.
Bush says our checks are going to start being sent out May 1, 2008. Whoopee!

Shameless bump to brag.

I bought a trumpet coral today. My wife said I should celebrate the new job that starts on Monday. I NEVER argue with my wife when she suggests feeding my addictions. :mrgreen:

Pics in a few hours.

Actually, they're being sent out earlier. Starting Monday, to be precise.

All direct deposits will be made between Monday and May 2. As for paper checks, they will be sent out by the last 2 digits of your social security number, with the last of them being sent out on July 11. So some of us will still have to wait 3 months to get ours :(.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/Advice/SeeWhenYouWillGetATaxRebateCheck.aspx
:grumble: Darn, if my math is right that means with a number like 74 my check will not be sent until around June 22nd or 23rd. Bummer. :pooh:

If I would of had to pay in this year I would already had mine. Now I'm in the same boat. We'll probably be one of the last seeing were 93.

My number is 20. Already got it. Stuck all of it in the savings. Actually stuck most of the actual tax refund into savings too. Splurged a couple hundred bucks between the whole family. I bought a coral, (all the rest of my recent coral purchases have been from my weekly cash for myself) the kids each got one toy, and my wife bought a dress. All the rest of it went into savings.

geez you have been on a buying circuit lol

Those purple acans you posted back there, I have the same ones. I picked them up at a frag swap a couple weeks ago for $25.

Acans are my fav also :)

My only savings is what I have not yet spent. I tie up my money almost as quick as it comes in. I do not leave money sitting in a bank. I have already gone through that government grab once before. They will have to take it out of my clenched fists if they want it again. As long as I pay the taxes I expect to spend the rest without their intervention. I am ordering 1000 pounds of sand when my check shows up. Seven hundred dollars for the sand and a thousand dollars for shipping. Shipping costs to Alaska suck. At least the $500 will make it hurt less when I bend over.

I bought another emerald crab tonight. I was gonna post a pic, but I whipped out the camera and it's dead. I'll put up a pic in a few hours.

Happy Friday night everybody!! I had a rough week at work. Y'all know I don't drink much, but 2 beers just went down pretty easy. :Cheers:

Emeralda.JPG

I just watched it rip off a 1/16" stalk of some kinda "bush" algae. It was 3/4" tall and looked like a tree branch. It gobbled up that piece in about 5 minutes.

Happy Friday night everybody!! I had a rough week at work. Y'all know I don't drink much, but 2 beers just went down pretty easy. :Cheers:
Margarita night in NY. Yeah, it's been a very long week. And nothing goes better with Margarita's than playing air hockey with the kids! :mrgreen:

Its always fun to watch emeralds munch algae.Hell,its fun to watch anything munch algae.

Ain't that the truth!!! I've been working my butt off to try and get rid of a couple different strains of stubborn algae. I got the dreaded bubble (grape) algae. I got some kinda turf algae that looks like thick grass and grows about 1/2" tall. I got some damn twig-lookin' stuff that grows straight up outta rocks like little tree branches. And I got some kind of purple fuzzy algae--kinda like the green turf algae, but shorter and softer. Both of those "grass/turf algae are totally encrusting. They get going and spread over everything.

The name is officially "Mr. Crabs" . My kids are Sponge Bob Squarepants freaks. What can I say?

I think it's actually too big for this tank, so I'm going to let it eat all the algae and then take it out and give it to somebody with at least a 50g or 60g tank. He's just enormous for my 30g tank. I have no idea how big they get. I'm just so tickled to see him crawling all over and yanking out bits of algae here and there. His mouth opens and POOF!! no more algae!! :bounce:

Back