DSCN0736.jpg

The busted 30......
DSCN0737.jpg

DSCN0738.jpg

The old little sump......
DSCN0740.jpg

The new 125...........
DSCN0739.jpg

The stand will be here tomorrow. Killing me I can't do anything nowl.

I know that feeling! I absolutely HATED having to wait to get my new lights and equipment in the mail! It was holding up my whole tank! Don't worry, you'll be spending all your free time on it soon enough. In my case, not so free time, since I usually work on the weekends but have skipped that lately to baby my tank.

Don't forget, you'd better post some pictures!

Oh man, This is some kind of addiction! I've elected to go with my friends homemade stand. It's pretty basic now but when I'm done with it it'll be pretty snazzy. My poor little RO unit can't keep up with what's needed to fill this tank. So, I've gotta head to the LFS for water tomorrow and sand.

Question: I want to have atleast 3" of sandbed. How many bags of live sand do I need? I don't want the caribbean sand, more like the crushed coral stuff. Feeling very noobish again, lol.

So, from the pictures you can see that I got the tank and stand up. I even put 5 gallons of water in there but you can't even see it. Tomorrow should be promising. If I can manage it I'll have the whole thing filled with water, a new 55 gallon for the sump and MAYBE start transferring over my liverock and fish. We'll see. It's a pretty tall order to accomplish even if I take off of work early.

Another question. I've ordered an Octopus skimmer, the link is seen here on a previous page, but the manufacturer won't call me back or send me a status update. Has anyone experienced this with him? Called him twice today and no answer. Two emails and still no answer. I don't want to be annoying but I would like to get the product I ordered sooner rather than later. Just thought I'd ask.

Sorry for the boring update but this is what we's got:
DSCN0741.jpg

spray painted the back a gloss black. not the same as biffy's but the spray paint worked perfect!
DSCN0742.jpg

another full tank shot, with the 72 in the back.
DSCN0745.jpg

:^::^::^:

From what I can see you really need some lateral support on that stand. diagonal bracing or some enclosure bottom to top of solid wood. I would not fill until you beef up the stand a bit.

From what I can see you really need some lateral support on that stand. diagonal bracing or some enclosure bottom to top of solid wood. I would not fill until you beef up the stand a bit.

Yessir, been looking at it and that's priority number one tomorrow. Thanks much :bowdown:

If you just skin it in plywood, maybe some oak laminate playwood that would give you a ton of lateral support, with less weight. Gotta wrap it in something anyways...

ok, tonight i got 120 pounds of livesand in and i got a replacement 30 gallon for the sump. after reinforcing the stand i went ahead and started transferring water over. i got about 25 gallons from my lfs and emptied just over half of my 72. i left one rock that my anemone has attached itself to and my mushrooms and all of my fish. everyone think they'll be ok in there for another day? i've got plenty of flow and they're swimming around the tank like crazy! i'm planning on getting the rest of the plumbing done and getting enough water in there to start using the overflow and sump tomorrow. i figured that if my fish can make it another night in the 72 that i'll let the water clear for about a day in the 120 and then move the fish over. whew, this certainly is a little stressful but i'm enjoying every minute of it. the new skimmer gets here on friday and i'm going to be ordering a couple hydor koralia's. i can't decide on the 2's or 3's. any recommendations for the 120? how am i doing so far? :question:
DSCN0746.jpg

DSCN0747.jpg

DSCN0748.jpg

I have four Koralia 3s on my 240. So if you get two of them, get two 3s. If you want four of them, get four 2s. That's what I'd say.

Back