NewPortRichey's Tank Rebound!

Looks like you got it going on NewPort.
I think your critters will be ok in your 72 for tonight.You might actually want to fill the 72 back up and cycle your big tank,JMO.

As for the Koralias.I would go with 2-#4s.
Thats a long tank,You want to make sure you got enough flow.

Looks like a labor of love Newport.I can't wait to see it all finished and transfered.

I have two K2's and two K3's in my 210 gallon.We here love lots of flow.My recommendation is the same as Biff's.

I ordered 2 K4's today. Thanks for the advice guys. Ok, I got all the plumbing done today and the rest of the water is in. Almost anyways, but I have enough to run the system tonight. Check out the photos. Everything seems to be doing fine. I turned the power off to the new MagDrive pump and the system checked OK. I've got the sock on there and my old skimmer for now. I'll have the new octopus skimmer on Friday. Ah, what else. I'm going to deal with my lights tomorrow and move the fish from the old system. Also going to try to move as much sand from there as possible and be done with it. I'll have to wait for a little while for the new lights I really want, the soon to be wifey is giving me that look :D. But other than that I'm extremely proud of myself. I want to thank everyone for all the great advice and support. It's still long from being over but I feel very appreciative to have stumbled on the best group of people on an online fish forum there is! Enjoy the new pics...nothing too special but it's progress.

Below you see the overall pic of the sump. I've got some bubble in the return area and they're pumping into the display. I'm wondering that, with the addition of more water, they will go away? Or do I need to do something else about this?
DSCN0751.jpg

DSCN0752.jpg

She's all clear...
DSCN0753.jpg

Almost enough water. The overflow is maxed out!
DSCN0754.jpg

I like it.
The water level in the sump is pretty high?Is it safe from flooding in case of a power outage?

How come the overflow is tilted side ways?It looks small for such a big tank.

Best of luck

I like it.
The water level in the sump is pretty high?Is it safe from flooding in case of a power outage?

How come the overflow is tilted side ways?It looks small for such a big tank.

Best of luck

Yes, the sump is fine in the case of a power outage. The overflow is tilted sideways because there's not enough water in the main tank to provide enough to the sump . I tilt it like this to get as much as I can into it. I've got to add water tomorrow and it'l be back to level. This is my first sump build so I'm not sure if the water level is too high or not.

you should be able to adjust the water level in the tank where you want it to be even if the water level is low. it will just drop the water level in the sump. which is fine as long a the return pump doesn't start sucking air.

Thanks Yote! Tonight was really exciting. I picked up 18 lbs of new live rock and went to town transferring everything over from my old tank. I moved the remaining rock, one green mushroom coral, three tangs, an anemone, almost all the live sand, two cardinal fish, two damsels and one sandsifting star fish. I hope everyone makes it! I've got my old 48" MH light setup on there until my new arrives next week. WooHoo! I feel like a kid at Christmas! The new skimmer arrives tomorrow also and I've got 2 Hydor Koralia 4's one their way here. Comments are appreciated. Let me know how I'm doing! I'm still a newbie at this. Here's tonights pictures:

I now going to the wholesaler for most of the Tamba Bay area. Who knew they were local. I saw them out of the corner of my eye one day leaving an open house. Everything is top notch there! Here's the new live rock. 5.20 a pound and no shipping charges!
DSCN0755.jpg

DSCN0757.jpg

And it's in.........along with the old sand and fish.........
DSCN0758.jpg

DSCN0759.jpg

And things are starting to clear up.........
DSCN0760.jpg

Fingers crossed everyone stays alive and well..........
DSCN0761.jpg

DSCN0765.jpg

DSCN0766.jpg

New digital temp. guage............
DSCN0767.jpg

My big boy was watching me all throughout this process...........
DSCN0768.jpg

And just for humor I seem to be wearing this more and more often these days. THats right, the soon to be wifey got me this shirt. Everyone gets a great kick out of it when they see it so I thought I'd share it here.
DSCN0770.jpg

It looks great NewPort.Looks like you got some nice rock.

Good luck on your up coming funeral,,I mean wedding.:mrgreen:

Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture. The new skimmer came today. It barely fit underneath. I have JUST enough room to get the cup out. I'll take more pics tonight of everything. I'm going to do some aquascaping and make some progress on the stand.
IMG00043.jpg

Back