NewPortRichey's Tank Rebound!

Dang that's a big skimmer.

that's what I said. wait til' you see the full tank shot. looks quite large indeed. for anyone considering an Octopus skimmer they make a quality product and the "bang for the buck" is definitely there. Thanks REEFREAK for the excellent advice.

Your welcome and congrats on the wedding.(well sort of)

I'm glad your pleased with the skimmer,I might pick up a second.I have a feeling I'm going to stock my 210 out the ying-yang and the Octopus should do nicely.BTW how tall is that Octo?

Your welcome and congrats on the wedding.(well sort of)

I'm glad your pleased with the skimmer,I might pick up a second.I have a feeling I'm going to stock my 210 out the ying-yang and the Octopus should do nicely.BTW how tall is that Octo?

It's about 2 feet tall. It's the one designed for the 150 gallon tank. I've got to say I'm thoroughly impressed with it. Form, design, overall product for the $$$. I wonder how he's making any money? lol.

So, I'm doing the aquascaping now. Fun stuff. I'll post pics when the dust clears and everyone's out.

When you post pics could you please tell what kind of coral and stuff in pic. I'm new at this and I'm trying to learn as much as I can without posting What is that all the time. It would be greatly appreciated.

The new skimmer is finally starting to bubble over and the aquascaping is done. So.................what do you all think?????
DSCN0772.jpg

DSCN0771.jpg

DSCN0773.jpg

Holy crapola. After seeing your pictures, I just went and looked up Octopus skimmers, thinking of getting one for my 240. So many different types, I have no idea which one is right for my tank! Yours is looking truly AWESOME.

Now.......what do I do with the denitrator? There's always a buyer on Ebay, right??? Sorry, no cabinetry got done tonight. Margarita's, Petrone shots, rum n' cokes and pina'colada's were done instead. Whoooooo! F'ing hooooooooooooooooo!

THanks Biff. The Octopus brand certainly has suprised me. It's skimming after only 8 hours of being up and going. Noise isn't an issue either. It's not totally quite, but a $hitoad quiter than my last one. Oh ya, all I have to do is unscrew that middle piece and pull the collection cup sideways. No more pulling upwards! Good stuff. Let me know which one you go with. I got the basic and it appears to be totally fine! CHeers!

Tank looks awesome Newport.I really like the aquascaping.

24'' is a perfect height for me.I'm for sure my second skimmer will be an Octopus.It looks like its skimming the crapload out of your system.

Biff,what no Aqua C Urchin or EV?

Yeah I've been looking at the Aqua C's too. But I have heard nothing but goodness about the Octopuses! Octopi? Whatever. I'm just wondering how good one of their huge ones would be compared to the Aqua C, which are many times the price...

I knew it, spoke too soon. Today I check to see how the skimmer is doing and it's literally blown the top off and the exit pipe is spitting bubbles back into my tank. I had to take the adjustor pipe off to get things normaized again. I've got an e-mail into the guy I bought it from so we'll see. Gdammit! Everything was going so smoothly. I'll keep everyone posted. I guess this gives me something to do while the tank cycles.

Back