oppinions and advice needed

Ha she would have hated being at my house when I set up the 125 I had about 154 gallons in my floor :D Im glad your tank is on the downside of the cycle yote keep us updated man.

lol,She hates those jugs of water so much shes decided I need to start looking at ways to find the space to hook up an RO/DI unit.
Just run my tests again;
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
nitrate-0.5
alkilinity-12
Calcium-440
Salinity-1.026SG or 35ppt
Phosphate-0

Just dropped in 5 trubos and one emerald crab Going to let them do there thing untill next weekend .
Its nice to finaly have something in there to watch besides worms.

I honestly dont know what I done to those nitrates Biff.All I did was change 15 gallon of water last night.Just got lucky I guess,,but heck,I'll take luck anyday.

:shock: Ok it happened this morning.:shock: Took the wife into Bermuda with me this morning and lost ever bit of my self-control.
She liked the little ocellaris clowns so we brought 2 of em home.:bounce:
Finally something cool to watch:Cheers:

Yeah,I like em jelly,and my kids love em.I like the way they meet you at the front of the tank,kinda like little puppys.

yote said:
I'm finally getting started on swapping my 55gal freshwater over to reef and want to y'alls opinions. I'm planning on trying to keep a few soft corals,LPS,and some of the easier SPS corals. As far as fish go,just planning on a
1-bicolor blenny
2-ocellaris clowns
1-six line wrasse
1 maybe 2 yellowhead jawfish
1-serpent star
Then of course a good cleaner crew.
The system;
nove extreme 48" 432 watt t-5 light
2- emperor 400's
2-magnum 350 canisters,,,,,mostly for water flow
coralife superskimmer 220
With a 5 to 6 inch sand bed and 50 to 60 lbs of live rock.

Let me know what yall think .

oh yeah,,,,gotta have a BTA also later on after its all up and running and stabilized.

if your getting a cleaning crew dont get any emerald crabs because i got one and he ate my mandarin,six line,2peppermint shrimp,1cleaner ,and a skunk clown :frustrat: :death: :death: so i traded him for a peppermint shrimp.:bounce:

Well,I done got an emerald in there.I'll keep an eye on him and if he starts showing to much aggression,,he'll get boiled.Been a long time since I had some fresh caught and boiled crab.

yote said:
Well,I done got an emerald in there.I'll keep an eye on him and if he starts showing to much aggression,,he'll get boiled.Been a long time since I had some fresh caught and boiled crab.

It won't be hard to catch the emerald, but you might pull a rock out with him - they hold on tight!

I had one that liked eating coral (I watched him do it...), so he was relegated to the puffer tank...where he has amazingly stayed alive and healthier than ever.

Also, peppermint shrimp eat more than just aiptasia...I've personally watched one rip my new (at the time) hammer coral apart.

So the moral...basically, when any person claims to know the behavior of an animal inside and out, and declares them reef-safe, remember:

there is no such thing as reef-safe. Only "probably won't eat your sh!t, but might anyway" safe. :)

Back