ORA Yellow Assessor

Gotta be the coolest fish eva. THis motha f'er swims vertically in my reef. Literally danced across my tank vertical, and now this dood is sleeping ina a hole in a rock face down and his fin is sticking out.....lmao wow, what a frickin cool fish. Thanks Erin for opening my eyes to such a cool fish. Kinda reminds me of me. :Cheers::bounce::mrgreen:

Didnt happen without a picture!!! J/K !!! Sounds cool, and a picture would be cool, you know the rules....

Rofl this fish is still skitish. I have to sit there for 20 min before he even comes out the reef. I've had him like 6 days. When I gOt him he was brown because he wasn't in a reef lighting system. He's now light yellow and his tail is turning bright yellow so I'm sure in no time he's Gunnar be full color. Back to what u said. Anytime I raise the cam he goes back into the reef trust me I wanna shoe him off. He's jus not ready.

If they weren't so spendy, I had wanted to get 3 or 4 for my tank. They play nice together. Nice fish Dana.

i did snap a pic with the iphone with a spot light to try and get a pic of him sleeping...ill post it tomorrow with a pic of him.

just to add he does play very nice with my other docile fish. I actually caught all 4 together at one point...

yellow watchman
tail spot blenny
green mandarian
yellow assessor

my watchman usually is protective coz the pistol shimp but he plays nice. my mandaran actually rubs all over him and he doesnt even blink

Im debating on getting the other......46g with 5 fish would be pushing it tho. Specially with all my inverts. Might be pushin the bio-load

Those are small fish, I don't think you'd have a problem. What a nice mix too. All ORA? Nice. We wanted an ORA mandarin, but I'm worried that it might be too much for my Diamond Goby to accept. He was appalled when I got a cleaner shrimp, swam around with his big mouth open in disgust! He runs the nether regions of the tank!

LOL DAvis....naw jus the assessor is ORA......they all seems to be playing friendly tho....actually more than nice. My assessor is coming along he comes out more often and poses. Pretty sure my mandarian runs the tank and my watchman isjus a lil bully when u come around the pistol's home. heres the shyty pic i snapped.....u can see his back fin pokin out where the arrow is pointing.

assesor.jpg

I think I see him in there! I like the ORA stuff, don't like the prices! I had initially set out to go all tank bred and aquacultured. All I have is.... except MAC certified goby and hippo. I wish I got 2 or 3 or 4 assessors instead of the Tang... Looking forward to more pics! I've seen some that the assessors make you think the pic is upside down!

Dana, i think you tank would be fine if you added another one.

And my all the stuff in my tiny tank used to be very camera shy, so what i did was leave the camera out around the tank so that they got used to it. After a while they didnt care anymore. So maybe stack some boxed up in front of your tank and set the camera on that.

great looking fish. its one that i have contemplated getting for years and just never have. I have suggested it to other people but never actually got one. they seem like a really fun fish to watch

Back