Doc's Shark Tank

He looks thin Doc. Im not shark expert though.

He is a bit thin. Most fish stores sell them thin due to the fact that they don't want to waste a bunch of food keeping them fat. I will have him fat and happy in a matter of days. I like my fish overweight... ;-)

-Doc

Maybe they mis-labeled that one.It looks more like a tooth pick with fins:mrgreen:

LOL.... give me a month with him. He will look a lot different. I do love that close up of him. His eyes are CRAZY!!!

-Doc

i saw nurse sharks when i want to the fish wholesaler, they were only $200.

that is about right for baby nurse sharks. They should not be sold in captivity though. I saw one in Salt Lake City for about $300 and he was around 2 feet long. they labeled him as needing a 300 gallon tank. Yeah right. for two years maybe. They max out at somewhere between 11-14 feet long, needing a minimum of 1,000 gallons but more like 2,000 for a happy life. They look cute, but my grey-banded bamboo is similar is body shape and face. I will take him anyday

-Doc

I don't think large sharks like that should be sold for home aquaria either. Once it outgrows your tank, what do you do with it? It's not like there's anyone else that can take a shark that's as long as a car.

I'm terrified of real sharks. I won't even go in the ocean at the beach. Yet I want both of Doc's sharks.

hate to break this to you bro, but I have real sharks. They have teeth and if I am not careful, my bamboo shark could strip the flesh off of my finger in lightening speed. Kinda makes feeding time fun! ;-)

-Doc

I don't think large sharks like that should be sold for home aquaria either. Once it outgrows your tank, what do you do with it? It's not like there's anyone else that can take a shark that's as long as a car.

I agree. We see eye to eye on this one Biff. I hope one day to have a tank big enough to house one and you can come visit with your man and we can all scuba!!!

-Doc

Back