Pod Explosion!!!!

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
My Mandarin wasn't eating so I bought some live tigger-copeopods too feed her (on a side note, she wound up gorging and dying:frustrat:). I dumped half the bottle in my 55 gallon reef (which has no fish in it right now because of the karma, plague, and bad luck!) and another quarter in my 24 nano which has been cycling for the last two months. I used the rest of the bottle to slowly feed the Mandarin in her q-tank.
So the pods have been in my tanks for 5 days now. I woke up this morning and BAMM! My sand and live rock are crawling with critters every where. I'm going to let my nano and reef tank cycle for another 6 weeks or so. Its gunna be crazy too see how much they will multiply. At first I was pissed they cost $18 but now I feel there worth every penny!

damn this would have been way cool to read if you didnt call me and tell me earlier! well at any rate i am totally buying a bottle for my 80 gallon

Im not kidding my girlfriend thought the glass was covered in algae and finger prints... She started to clean it, then she relized what they were. We both got all fish dorked out and excited.

They spread like weeds - my mandarin can't keep up with their growth. I think I am going to have to get something else in the tank that likes them.

Get a sixline wrasse...I'd give you mine, but I haven't seen him in about six weeks now :p.
a week for each line :) you don't think the sixline would pick on the mandrin? I have heard sories about them being best as a final addition to the tank due to how aggressive and territorial they are.
. otherwise they would beat up on any new additions. though I really want one

I don't think they are aggressive, I haven't heard that about them. In fact, I think mine was pretty shy. BTW I have put off mentioning this until now... Because I don't want to sound like an Ass-drastos, but "Hi my name is Redline and I can't spell Fishaholic". :D

I don't think they are aggressive, I haven't heard that about them. In fact, I think mine was pretty shy. BTW I have put off mentioning this until now... Because I don't want to sound like an Ass-drastos, but "Hi my name is Redline and I can't spell Fishaholic". :D
that's cool the owner of my lfs said that to me. in fact he said that was the final fish that went in his 800. yes 800 gallon display tank. I've been worried about getting one.

btw, thanks for pointing out that I am a 23 year old man that still can't spell!!! haha really though thanks cause my dumb ass never really looked I just added it on there.

When it comes to sixlines,you got a 50/50 shot of getting one that is aggressive.
Mine don't bother anything except for a bristle worm every now and then.But theres one in the 400gal reef tank at the LFS that harrasses every thing in the tank.Plus at least once a week some body will bring one in that they claim is killing there other fish.
When it comes to saltwater 50/50 is a pretty good rule of thumb.

hmmmm i really want to get one but i am not sure if i really want to roll the dice. im sure i will eventually talk myself into it.

well i figure it will be my last fish for my 36 if i do get one, but then the issue comes up when something dies. maybe the 80 would be a better home, it will have tons more rockwork

Back