Putter's first tank

The tonga deepwater live rock was okay.Liveaquaria's Lalo rocks were so much better.I have those rocks and Uaniva live rock from Saltycritter.com,The best stuff I ever seen.

Sand is being shipped tomorrow, tank is supposed to be here tomorrow:bounce:, and will re-order the rock again tomorrow, the new return pump for the fuge is being shipped now and the replacement pump for the ASM skimmer and light for the fuge should be here soon as well. Finaly got the TDS meter today and hooked it up, it says the water into the RODI is 205ppm and the water out is 63ppm, will this be ok or should I be looking into something to purify the water more? Dam it is going to be nice to actualy get the tank here and start setting it up....seems like this is taking FOREVER!!!!!

TDS of 63 is still REALLY high. An RODI unit that is working properly will take out 98% of the TDS. Let it run for an hour or so, then test it again, and see if it gets better.

That's better thanks biff, water out is now @ 001ppm water in has dropped as well it is now @ 194ppm. With luck I will be taking pics like crazy and posting the first look at the new tank (dances for joy)

Good deal. It can take a little while before the RODI unit will be completely effective. It's best to run water through it for a bit after you change the cartridges too.

THE TANK IS HERE!!:^: actualy it got here late yesterday, spent the entire night getting the plumbing hooked up and making a place for it to sit. (bit larger than i was thinking it would be) The guy at the FS told me I should place the rock, wait a couple weeks, then place the sand:question: reading back I see you kind folk suggested sand water then rock. Will it actualy hurt things to have rock and water in before the sand? The tank is about half full now, had to empty the storage tubs so I could get more RO/DI water on the go. Rock will be on the plane this after noon and the sand is coming ups, so prob not until Monday or so. Please tell me I didn't screw up to bad with filling the tank half full already LOL. Oh yeh and pics, took some last night, will post later this weekend.

you didn't screw up. I don't think it matters a whole lot which you add first, sand or rock. I think it's best to add at the same time. It mostly depends on wether you want the rock sitting on the bottom of the tank, or on the sand.

Like Fish said,you didn't screw up.You can put the sand around the rocks or remove the rocks and put the sand in,then the rocks on the sand.

I like my rocks on the sand, seems a bit more stable to me, not to mention not scratching the bottom of my glass.

-Doc

I've always added the sand and rocks at the same time. Don't know why you would need to wait a couple weeks, though.

We want pics, by the way.

He was saying that the rock will have die off, (of course it will LOL) but he says that bits of the rock will actualy fall off and that cleaning the bottom will be a lot easier with no sand. I think that was his main reason for the rock before the sand, with that length of time. As I type this the phone rings, seems my shipment was bumped from the airline, so the sand may just beat the rock here after all LOL.

Introducing the New Tank

newtank2.jpg

The back side
IMG_0026.jpg

The lid
IMG_0023.jpg

The first squirts of water into the tank..:^::^:

IMG_0029.jpg

And the final resting place (sure hope the floor holds up)

IMG_0030.jpg

GREAT TANK. I like it. how many gallons? I can't wait to see you build it up, do something stupid like the rest of us and kill everything, only to resurrect it and become a total stud on the forum

-Doc

Doc, it is 105, and yes I am very excited, can hardly wait for the rock and sand so I can start to try my hand at aquascape!!

you should be. it is a cool set up. aquascaping takes me hours. I have to make it "feel" just right for the Chi in my house

-Doc

Back