RODI Post-Install

lightcs4

Loving to learn
I finally purchased an RODI unit from Pure Water Club after getting some recommendations from some of the forum members, such as Biff and Daugherty. I purchased the one with double DI filters that runs at 100 GPD. I contacted Daugherty off-line to get some help on the installation. He had some great advice on how to hookup the filter with a shutoff valve, so I thought I would share it with the rest of the forum. I didn't think of taking pics during the project, but here are the after shots. By the way, I'm not the neatest at plumming. I started out with teflon tape and ended up with pipe dope since it kept leaking at the threads. Didn't have any problems once I used the "old fashioned" pipe dope approach. It is just a tee in an existing pipe, a four inch pipe out of the tee soldered to a threaded couple, then connected to a 1/4 ball valve, then an adapter for the tube connection.

A big thanks goes out to Daugherty for his help.

The waste water goes to my grey water opening for the washer. I can also use it to feed the washer if my wife or I are getting ready to start a load.
rodi_installed6.JPG

rodi_installed7.JPG

rodi_installed5.JPG

rodi_installed4.JPG

Sharkbite tee. I had never used one before but they were highly recommended by a friend. There is no soldering and the connection was super easy, just push the pipes into the tee. I wasn't looking forward to soldering a wet pipe.
rodi_installed3.JPG

Last edited:
Thank God for pipe dope and sharkbite plumbing fittings:D Beats teflon tape and silver solder any day.
Looks like it should get the job done.Congrats.

Thanks Yote. I still like soldered joints .... not sure I trust the Sharkbites yet. However, the thought of trying to dry the pipe so the solder would flow didn't appeal to me at all!

I've used a lot of those sharkbite fittings.Only had one leak that I know of and that was because I busted the fitting by trying to over tighten it.
Dont think I ever soldered a water line that DIDNT leak.

Back