Samantha's 50 Gallon Reef Aquarium

So, I am WAY overdue for updating this thread! My bad. :chair:

Anyway, I found some random shots of the tank on my camera, so we'll start out with those ;)

Here are some of the frags that have been added over the last few months:

Favia (w/ emerald crab in the background):
DSC04403.jpg

Acro:
DSC04410.jpg

DSC04415.jpg

Chalice (w/ Goby in the background :mrgreen:):
DSC04420.jpg

Sympodium:
DSC04452.jpg

DSC04454.jpg

Here are just some cute clownfish pics:

Sean:
DSC04379.jpg

Sydney:
DSC04392.jpg

DSC04478.jpg

DSC04464.jpg

DSC04465.jpg

Sean hides a lot more from the camera (hence the 1 picture of Sean, and the 4 of Sydney :grumble:).

Wow! Nice! Did that acro get added after your corals turned white?

Thanks! Actually, I added these corals right before everything turned white for the second time. However, they weren't really affected (luckily!), and the acro, especially, is doing great with lots of new growth in the past couple of months! :mrgreen: All of the new additions are looking good, but some have faded in color a bit. The sympodium is the one that has faded the most, the acro and favia have faded a little, and the chalice looks about the same as when I put it in the tank.

Now for the current stuff! ;)

Two weeks ago, I attended my first ever FRAG SWAP! :D It was hosted by TBRC (Tampa Bay Reef Club) and, boy oh boy, was it AMAZING! So many beautiful corals! It was like being in a candy store! Simply wonderful! :mrgreen:

These are the three that I took home with me for the 50 gallon! :^: (I bought a few for my BC14 as well [I need to update that thread, too :-?]).

ORA Pearlberry:
DSC04660.jpg

ORA Blue Tort:
DSC04663.jpg

Magician Palys:
DSC04620.jpg

Last edited:
And! While I have no more pictures to share tonight, guess what?! That's right! My new ATI T5 bulbs came in this evening from Reefgeek!! SO! Expect a bunch more pictures in the near future! :razz:

Nice additions, that acro looks huge!

Thanks! The acro IS huge! There's a local reefer who runs a coral shop out of his house in Lutz, and I bought it from him. He was desperate to make room in his display tank for a new acro and some other corals that he had just gotten in from his distributor, and he was like, "Hey, I'll give you a good size frag of that acro in my DT for $20 if you're interested." And, I was like, "Sure, add it to the pile." I thought he was going to frag a couple of inches off the one in his DT, but he chopped off this huge chunk for $20! This was literally my face when he put it in a bucket for me to take home: :shock:

I LOVE the new lights! :mrgreen: Everything looks a million times better with the new bulbs! I'm not sure I'm perfectly content with the order that I have the bulbs in right now, though, and I'm open to bulb arrangement suggestions if you all have any! :question:

Daylight:

DSC04718.jpg

DSC04720.jpg

Dawn/Dusk (My camera doesn't do the tank justice. The colors are GLOWING on my corals! It's CRAZY!!!):

DSC04722.jpg

DSC04725.jpg

And,...I thought the candy coral looked particularly pretty, so here's a shot of it :cheerful::

DSC04716.jpg

Back