Samhain's 90 Gallon Reef

Bummed today. Neither Fishy nor I will be receiving the Orange-Striped Prawn Goby we ordered from LA. For whatever reason, they took more orders than they had fish to fill the orders (AGAIN), but left the fish listed as "In Stock" for a day and a half AFTER Fishy and I had placed our order. So it was listed until Saturday, and they didn't even have enough fish to fill the orders placed on Thursday. I wouldn't be so grumpy if it was listed as Out of Stock right after I ordered, or if this hadn't happened to me before, but at this point, I'm on the pissy side. Will update after contacting LA.

Let me know what you hear Samhain - I'm at work and unable to contact them, so curious to hear what they tell you. I agree, it wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't left it listed as in stock for so long. At least the pink spotted watchman I ordered that didn't ship went out of stock as soon as I placed the order so I wasn't all that surprised that one didn't ship. Very unfair that they left the orange stripes listed as in-stock for so long.

Here are a couple pics. Not the best quality, but Fifty likes to hang out near a scratched spot on my tank. Oh well.

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

DSC_0898.jpg

And a few of my tank bully
DSC_0921.jpg

DSC_0920.jpg

And Poker, who is now no longer being bullied!
DSC_0916.jpg

He really is tiny now. Maybe 2 inches long at the most. He really is a cutie at this size. Ash (dwarf angel) bullied him for a bit, but after I hung the mirror nearby and Hermione (the Caribbean Blue Tang) proceeded to go bully the mirror, Ash decided he was better off staying away. Fortunately, neither of the tangs has taken exception to the new tank inhabitant. They're just making it difficult for Ash to be his usual bully self, as Fifty keeps hiding on the far side of the flashing tangs. Smart Fifty!

Fifty has fit in well and is eating like a piggie. I was a little worried when he first arrived, since he was on the skinny side and didn't eat the first day. But some garlic extract fixed that right up, and he's certainly getting his fill now. There's still a little chasing between Ash the dwarf angel and Fifty, but things seem to be settling back down. Here are some newer pics.

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0970.jpg

DSC_0971.jpg

And some shots of the rest of the kids swimming around
DSC_0975.jpg

DSC_0978.jpg

DSC_0980.jpg

And random other shots
DSC_0995.jpg

DSC_0996.jpg

DSC_0997.jpg

DSC_1007.jpg

DSC_1020.jpg

No Orange Striped Prawn Goby for me. :grumble::frustrat: I substituted for something else, but I'm really disappointed and frustrated about it. Apparently LiveAquaria's distributor only fills new orders on Monday, and doesn't start filling back orders until Tuesday. So anyone that placed an order over the weekend had higher priority than I did and actually got their fish, unlike me. I'm really unamused about that, but there's nothing I can really do except take my business elsewhere, which I'm seriously considering doing.

Back