Solaris I4 Series

I know of only two companies competing in LED aquarium lighting.

PFO and AquaIllumination.If more companies jump in then the price can only go down.I hate to be the guinea pig,I'll wait to see a local reefer switch to LED to see real world results.

Get a green carpet anemone and put it in total darkness for a few weeks, until it expells all its algae and turns ghost white. The people wo would buy that anemone, at four times standard price for a healthy green carpet anemone, are the typical people who would buy a Solaris. The fad happy. Make, it different, unique or "special," and they will buy it. They are also the ones who buy the custom $800 120 gallon rated capacity skimmers. I might have just made some Solaris owners angry. Gee, gosh , golly, darn!

Last edited:
Four or five months ago someone contributing to this forum bought some LED lighting, I belive he put it over a corner tank in a custom hood. However, I do not know how to access the archives unless it is just done with the search engine. It was putter back around Christmas, and it was a hex tank installation.
https://www.livingreefs.com/forums/lighting-filtration-and-other-equipment/11472-solaris-led.html
Maybe it blew up and took him with it. It would be nice to know what he thinks after almost 6 months of use.

Last edited:
Back