Vinny's First 29g Journey

Alright just making sure because i saw 1.025 was recommended so didn't know if i needed to rise it up just a bit! but thanks for the help

I put the live rock in last night and i looked at my thermometer in the morning and it was at 73 degrees because i forgot to turn my heater on, is that bad?? because i tested for ammonia and nitrite this morning and they were both at 0 so did i kill everything??

lol i turned it off cause i was moving it and forgot to turn it back on :mrgreen: and should i see a spike in ammonia or nitrites anytime in the near future?

So heres an update and 2 pictures!
So ive gotten an ammonia spike and hopefully the tank will be done cycling by next week so i can add fish in.. :)

0810001920.jpg

Little growth for my first week on the algae scrubber!

0811001151.jpg

The tank

Well I want to start out with a blue reef chromis or 2 and then getting a clown, coral beauty angelfish, or a longnose hawkfish. I want to have 3 or less fish in the tank.

Okay so I went to the LFS and looked at all the fish and decided to get the Green Chromis fish instead, tomorrow Im going to go get 2 of them, then i decided on buying a baby Coral Beauty fish in the near future after i get the other two guys acclimated to the new home!

Here is a new pic of the tank, im seeing the base rock have growth on it, kind of turning a light brownish color!

tank2.jpg

rock3.jpg

Piece of base rock next to the live rock which seeded my tank.

I just used zip ties, they all fit together real nicely though. And does anyone have a suggestion on how long i should wait to put any corals in my tank, I just want to start out with a zoa garden first.

And also, I wanted to know if this sounds like enough for a CUC,

3 astrea turbo snails
1 banded coral shrimp
2 dwarf blue leg hermits
2 mexican turbo snails
1 peppermint shrimp

Hard to say. There is no set formula for CUCs -- tanks with little algae need less, tanks with more algae need more.

I would pass on the CBS, though. They have been known to go after fish.

Back