Wesley's 125

heh. Next thing you know, I'll be sequencing some light shows with my fish tank lights. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJbcSgftWKA"] THX Repair Sequence [/ame] That's my house, by the way.

Last edited:
There's not gonna have any update for a week. Leaving for Washington DC for a week vacation tomorrow. We're going to the typical touristy places for my daughter and with a few families. :) Hope the tank and the equipment don't act up during the week.

Make sure you wash after visiting DC. Very slimy up their. You will love the Smithsonian I could have stayed in those for days.

Just came back from vacation for a day. Not much going on. Got the tank stand doors painted before the trip and got it mounted after I came back. No trim yet. They are not in the priority list.

TankStandDoors.jpg

The tank is now running on the actual pump that will be used for this tank. (I was using a Quiet One 4000 HH as a close loop before). Now it's a Quiet One 14000 that pumps out about 3000 gph with my current setup. Both of my water return's teeth cannot even handle the flow. The water level is current just a bit (about 2mm) above the teeth. Like I mentioned in the other thread, I had to modify the standard durso standpipe to get it doing siphon 100% of the time, yet stable enough to be 100% quiet! So far, it's been running 24 hours and it's been super quiet! :)

The next step is to get the UV and a protein skimmer hooked up to it. Oh! Gotta move the RO/DI unit to downstairs as well.

Here is a picture of some temporary tubes to a filter sock into a 75 gallon and return with the Quiet One pump.

SumpTemp1.jpg

Last edited:
Another day, another dollar. :) Got more plumbing done at the sump. Skimmer and UV are ready. The 2 extra valves are for chiller and refugium/algae scrubber.

SumpSetup1.jpg

hehe. The one being used is a cheap setup and it's good for my current 72g bow front tank. With the bigger tank, I'm gonna make a bigger one. Probably using a 20g to do it. Having the overflow directly hitting the algae scrubber in the 20g. The water flow over the screen is gonna be insane. I'll drill the 20g and have it then flow into the 75g sump through the filter sock.

Here is an old picture of the current cheapy algae scrubber:

chaeto1-600.jpg

Last edited:
Here is an old picture of the current cheapy algae scrubber:

Shoot, you wanna sell the old cheapy one? :mrgreen: That's pretty much what I was thinking of making as I got some extra Home Depot buckets I don't use, but I've been waiting for a nice long break to plan one out and put together.

Honestly, let me know!

For the bucket, you just need to drill a hole and mount a bulk head to drain the water. For the pipings, it's just 4 90 degree and a T and some fitting that connect to a tube. Really nothing to it. Oh, the most tricky part is just to cut the slot on the tube that hold the plastic screen. Since I can't re-use that part, you could have it for free. I did not even glue many of the pipings for the frame since water leaking is not an issue and I can always change out the pipes to change the height of thing.

Which part you want to buy? I suppose just the frame and the plastic canvas?

Back