wontonflip's 125g build

Ok, better ones:

smDSC2695.jpg

smDSC2690.jpg

Yeah, and I'm glad you posted your experience (and everyone else warning me about the tang losing its yellow when it's scared, sleeping, or stressed). So, when I first put him in, he was this ugly brown/white spotted thing. You coudln't see him against the rock he was hiding in. And he just hid. But he actually came out a lot when we weren't near. He also did come out to eat when I put frozen food in, and took a small nibble of the algae sheet :D

Mine was fine for about a week, and then went into hiding...just stayed in his cammo and hid between rocks. Then one day, he jsut started openly swimming. He's still my favorite fish.

I was quite lucky with my foxface. He never went into hiding! But I havent put any algae sheets in for him yet. Dont think he needs it at the moment. lol

Yeah, just had a feeding, and he's definitely more comfortable. He munched away and chased down the food! Although, he and my big-mouthed watchman goby butted mouths on a few occasions, and one time, when the foxface grabbed a huge piece of mysis, the goby went after him and practically swallowed the foxface's snout to get the food! The foxface just shook it off and went for other foods.

Had to post more pics of my 2 new stars -- the foxface and the lawnmower blenny :D Can you tell I'm in love??

The foxface and blenny sharing an algae sheet (going to move it up higher next time, and away from the major rocks so the blenny stops being spoiled and ignore the hair algae!)
smDSC2873.jpg

The piggy watchman goby, although does not eat the algae, is jealous, nonetheless, of the foxface. He nipped at the foxface, and almost ended up as goby-kabob!
smDSC2852.jpg

Nom nom nom
smDSC2851.jpg

More so then your woman crush on Jolene?

It didn't take the foxface and blenny anytime to go after seaweed on a clip.Congrats!

No no no....star trek women are always at the top :mrgreen: except when i'm on the top...but that's another forum....

I actually didn't want the blenny eating the clipped weed just yet ;) I wanted him to clear off the patches of hair algae first...hence why the next batch will be closer to the other end of the tank w/ less rocks, towards the top, and where the foxface hangs out.

Great pics...I use the veggie clip too..Now and again, I'll rubberband the algae to a small rock and drop it in..He likes it..He gets to stay in a more comfortable position. Great looking fish Wonton.

Ok, not the best pics, but I thought it was cute....I found my Foxface fast "asleep" in the hair algae...It's a bad pic cuz it was dark in the tank, so I had to use flash, so he's a little pissed and blinded :)

Look closely at the top left side of the hair algae...he's peekin'

smDSC06874.jpg

smDSC06877.jpg

Wonton,If you'll open up your aperture and go with a slow shutter speed,you'll be able to get those shots without the flash.:D
Thats still a cool picture.

It is hosting the hair algae and WOW,what a clump of grass!

That's actually the only large clump of hair algae. I have a couple of very small ones that the lawnmower is already working on. But really, that's it :) It's kind of hypnotic if you stare at it long enough :shock:

Wonton,If you'll open up your aperture and go with a slow shutter speed,you'll be able to get those shots without the flash.:D
Thats still a cool picture.

Even though there were absolutely no lights in the tank on, though, Yote? I don't have moon lights and the room lights were dimmed. Dunno if I could've seen him even if I altered the image. Plus I'd have to put it on a tripod so it's steady. But the movement of the algae would've just made a blur.

I have just learnt how to slow the shutter speed down on my camera :P fun with moonlights :D

That is sooo much hair algae! good luck to this blenny, he will be crazy and full always. hehe

Yeah,you'll need a tripod to steady the shot and there will be some blur caused by the flow in the algae.But it can be done.:D
And a neat little trick I learned from C. Is to use a small dim flashlight for the light.Just have a helper hold the light steady while you take the shot.

Back