wontonflip's 125g build

Hehehehe....all these shots made my hubby say "We need a blue fish" (alas, I almost had the blue fish in there...too bad it died!)...but at least HE's saying HE wants a blue fish :D

That's how it's done folks...get your significant other to suggest getting another fish ;)

More blurry pics of the new little wrasscal! He's too quick to shoot properly, so sorry for the blur! Decided to call him Gremlin, after the Gremlin boss named "Stripes" :)

gremlin1.jpg

gremlin2.jpg

gremlin3.jpg

gremlin4.jpg

gremlin6.jpg

And one of my chromis hiding in the cave:

chromis_cave.jpg

Got this new baby on Friday!! I must say, I am extremely impressed at how fast saltysupply delivered it! I ordered it on a wednesday, picked free shipping, and wasn't expecting it for a wee....but it arrived in 2 days! Awesome! This thing is almost bigger then me!!!

smDSC08584.jpg

Hehehee...got a little too eager w/ the styrofoam ;) ;)
smDSC08585.jpg

smDSC08586.jpg

smDSC08587.jpg

Nice Wonton! Do you have it running yet?

Um......I had it running in some tap water for a few minutes to rinse it out....does that count?? :mrgreen:

I'm going to try to do a water change tonight, then i want to run it first in the old saltwater to rinse it some more before adding it. THe last time I added a hob skimmer in my 10g, I think i did not rinse it enough, cuz my perfectly healthy goby died 2 days later. Wasn't sure if it was the skimmer, but I don't want to take a chance in this tank.

WOWZA :shock:

Hooked the baby up for a test run before doing a water change...O.M.G. Mind you, I'm going from a crappy used old Berlin Red Sea Classic that's really rated for maybe a 30g....to this monster of a skimmer. Pics and videos to come after I do my water change :)

Just gotta figure out, though, the setting.

I'm trying to rework my sump somehow, because I'm getting microbubbles spewing out. I'm going to try to add some type of barrier so that the bubbles will rise and pop before it hits the return.

Back