wontonflip's 125g build

He looks great! Did he go for any of the mysis?

Congrats on the new fish, and for getting him to eat.

Congrats on getting it him/her to eat.

I finally did observe him eat his algae sheet the next day, and he's actively eating with the other fish, feeding on anything I put in the tank. Is it sad for me to have gotten SUPER f'ing excited that he ate? LOL!!! My worries are done, so let's hope he does well. He's swimming all over the tank, find a lot of hidey holes for him to dart it when he needs, and even visits the firefish/pistolshrimp/goby cave :) It's the party house! The goby and tang go elsewhere to sleep, but in the day, they're in there partyin' like it's 1999!

Ok, because i am a glutton for neverending DIY projects, I decided I wasn't happy with my above-tank-fuge setup and location. So, we're moving it. And while we're at it, we're doing some outlet plug relocations. I'm gonna have a setup that I like, dammit :D

This was where the fuge was; my short self had problems reaching it for maintenance.
DSC04612.jpg

Now it's here, to the right of where it was:
DSC06011.jpg

Me under it -- I'm 5'0" hehehehe
DSC06016.jpg

DSC06017.jpg

Final results, plus some updated pics of the tank w/ lights:

First, moved the skimmer from the rubbermaid part to the 20g...I think I might move it back, actually...
DSC06023.jpg

Above tank fuge is still being fed from the 20g intake portion of the sump.
DSC06022.jpg

DSC06156.jpg

Before you freak out about the wires LOL -- there is no chance for water leaks near it because it's one LONG continuous pvc, and all the joints are glued to prevent leaks.
DSC06158.jpg

By making the travel distance longer, I could shorten the intake pipe into the tank. Previously, I had to extend it due the water rushing out so fast that i tmade too many bubbles.
DSC06154.jpg

I've moved the shrooms to the dt now... they were previously in the sump with a t8 bulb.
DSC06152.jpg

DSC06121.jpg

Which means I got to do some aquascaping since I wanted them as high up as possible, since my lights only have 2 t5 bulbs. Yes, I need more rocks. Working on it.
DSC06129.jpg

And a pic of my 2 clowns (one of them I just got last week):

DSC06161.jpg

And my Banggai stayed close to me long enough for me to catch this one shot:

DSC05617.jpg

Great pics of the tank Wonton.The mushroom and Kaudern look fantastic.Okay,the clowns were alright too.

I skim past all the techno babble wiring,pvc pics pretty much though.BTW,you might want to shave your right arm,haha!

Hah,I haven't seen the movie.I did see the skits with Betty White on SNL,too damn funny!!!!

The critics says it's the funniest SNL skit to become a movie since Wayne's World.We shall see........

Yeah, SNL needs to give all the credit to Betty white on that episode! Hehehe....Macgruber and grandma LOL My favorite was the census one.

Update:

Got me 2 fish today! A lawnmower blenny and a foxface! The foxface darted into hiding once he got into the tank, so I'll stalk him for pics later ;) He's also very small! Lots of room for him to grow. Here's one of the lawnmower:

DSC06732.jpg

Ok, Many many shots, all blurry LOL Bad lighting. Maybe I"ll catch a better one at feeding time. But here's the most decent one I could get. He's actually already nipping at the hair algae, and picking floating things. I'm gonna toss an algae sheet in there to see if I can get him to graze it, then feed the fishies just a little more tonight. Lucky day for the other fish! They get 2 feedings today!

Hubby said he saw the lawnmower blenny already tasting the algae on the rocks so good deal!

smDSC2661.jpg

Back