wontonflip's 125g build

I think you will be fine. You could put a piece of that pink foam under it to help level it though.

Thanks...wouldn't the shims in the corner be enough, though? I can't wait to fill this baby up! Hopefully there won't be any leaks!! We're considering doing a removable wall in the parts that won't have doors. that way I'll have a larger access to the pipes in case of major leaks. We'll cover up the seams with molding. Just a thought. we'll see how this plays out.

Sometime this week we'll be picking up materials for the diy garf rocks.

I purchased 2 Koralia 4's from Nate (I hope you all purchase from him! He's an awesome vendor!!) for this tank. Next step after the rocks will be putting together the lights, then finally the skimmer.

Last edited:
But I thought it wasn't good to use foam if the glass is not flush against the stand? Or is it ok as long as the foam doesn't spill onto the glass and pushes on it?

What pink foam are you guys talking about, anyway?

That stand is rediculously overbuilt! I love it. You and hubby did a great job!

That sucker ain't movin' LOL He's got it bolted to the cement floor! His thinking is that with 3 kids, he didn't want to risk anything ramming full force into it. Peace of mind, I think :mrgreen:

It does practically look like what's behind the drywall in my house, though LOL

If your kids are anything like mine,then you'll be glad that stand is built like a battleship:D

Try to imagine 3 rambunctious kids...just home from a long day of school...all that pent up energy...and a big red yoga ball. :shock:

Now imagine that red ball in the basement being bounced off little kids...I could fit all 3 kids in that big ball. lol

Amazingly enough, nothing's been broken yet...not even their behinds :D

I get more worried when I tell them to put it back in the basement and the simply push it down the stairs! I always hope no one's in the way LOL

Try to imagine 3 rambunctious kids...just home from a long day of school...all that pent up energy...and a big red yoga ball. :shock:

Now imagine that red ball in the basement being bounced off little kids...I could fit all 3 kids in that big ball. lol

I know EXACTLY what your saying:D
Got one 18 about to be 19,one 10,and one 5:Cheers:SO I get ALL that pent up energy.
Barbie jeeps and all.Its like having the freeway going by me tank:frustrat:

Trial run...no leaks so far! I'm imagining it will take me 4 days and 4-6 large rubbermaid tubs to make enough rodi water, then of course add the salt. i'll probably just buy a bucket.

I only filled it up to 2 inches from the top of the overflow since the overflow chambers aren't hooked up.
DSC01011Large.jpg

Testing out the 2 K4's I bought from Custom Marine....
DSC01024Large.jpg

They're running great! They're pointing down but manage to cause strong ripples on the surface and on the bottom. I'll have to play around with it once all the rocks and sand is in to decide where I'll be putting them.

I'll probably leave it for a few days to make sure there are no leaks, then drain it so we can complete the stand and put the return pipes back in. They're currently in my tub soaking with vinegar.

Actually...........should I be concerned about these small bubbles that have formed along the silicone on the bottom????? I'm totally paranoid that this thing will have leaks. We can fix it, but it's such a pain in the a$$ to have to deal with leaks.

DSC01026Large.jpg

IMO better safe than sorry... It would be a lot easier now than if something develops later on and you had to tear everything down. I have no experience with building anything all my tanks I've purchased new and luckily I have never had a leak. For peace of mind I would slap so silicone along the seam. Pain in the ass now yes, later a disaster.

By the way tell hubby to screw the tank into the stand so the kids won't knock the tank off the (screwed into the floor) stand with that big ball. LOL Seriously he did a great job for sure!

Back