Zybers project

Ok I'm doing something soon as in getting rid of my hammer If i cant find new lights soon my zoomed is acting up and the plex cracked this morning. When my lady went to clean the unit for me. now the lights not working right from what she said. The lights are on but not as bright as the were. she checked the bulbs they looked fine. I'm thinking spray got up in there and is drawing off it in a since of maybe killing the ground? No clue??? I kept my old lights and I can run that for my lower light corals. But the hammer and such I don't think it will last. So any Idea's for new lights would be greatly appreciated. The best I can get for 160 is what I can spare. I am just not sure on what to go with

Coral:
Hammer
Torch
Ric
Mushroom
Zoa
Finger Leather
Xenia
Toadstool Leather
Flowerpot
Kenya Tree
Candy Cane

Quick update my flowerpot is growing :D
IMAG0580.jpg

I think I'm meeting its needs :D hahaha...

looks good! Do you know if that is an encrusting variety or a branching variety?

It is flesh over rock so that would be encrusting. it had dead spots when I got it now its fully covered again :D it loves right where it is and the sand sifting goby does his thing right near it so I'm going to assume that is helping the flowerpot get food also.

Also Obi-Wan Jawgoby is a bulldozer hahaha.... The gel glue has nothing on his bumps. any suggestions Hannah?

ok here is a plan I have 3 tanks and if i get the Apt im looking at there will be 3 bed rooms one room will be just for the tanks :D but the plan....... 20g frag tanks to see locally. 28g bow to become zoa garden. 55g to become new main display tank... So hows this all sound :D good plan yes?

ok here is a plan I have 3 tanks and if i get the Apt im looking at there will be 3 bed rooms one room will be just for the tanks :D but the plan....... 20g frag tanks to sell locally. 28g bow to become zoa garden. 55g to become new main display tank... So hows this all sound :D good plan yes?

:trampolin Yeah sounds like a Winner

That would be so sweet!!

Thanks Justin I think this is going to be the plan. :Cheers:

to
Man... I want a fish room!!

Well Erin you can always live vicariously through me on that if need be.:Cheers:

That sounds awesome!

Yes Brit it will be vary awesome I have my fingers crossed on getting the place.
NICE!!! I'm excited for ya!! :whoopee!:
Indeed I'm excited as well now to use all my gift cards to get the over flow and pumps for the sump so the 55g can be set up for its cycle once I do move in.

here's a quick question for any one that may have the answer.
Would it be smart to save the water from my water changes say 15g-20g of it to help cycle the 55 when I set it up? Because that water is not all that bad. But would that be a good way to get some of the bacteria needed to jump start a good cycle.
considering the sump is 30g and the tank is 55g 15-20g is not much at all when you look at it like its 85g. Ok that's all I'm wondering.

I would keep some of the water to get it jump started.. I did the same thing when I jumped from my 75 to the 150... I used all dry rock then took a piece of live out of the 75 and did a 30 gallon waterchange and put it in the 150..

I would keep some of the water to get it jump started.. I did the same thing when I jumped from my 75 to the 150... I used all dry rock then took a piece of live out of the 75 and did a 30 gallon water change and put it in the 150..

Thanks I was thinking that. I know I remove some pods when I do my change. So I figured if they are not severely damaged they would help pod seed the dry rock as well. The sump will be 2" layer of miracle mud and then all rock and cheto with maybe some snails. so I'm pretty much going for a refugium.

i believe that miracle mud buds are only supposed to be 1" deep. but that sounds awesome. and then every once in a while throw some food in your water change water to keep the bacteria alive

There is very little bacteria in the water column so using the old water really wont do much to help cycle the tank, adding the cured live rock is what will really help the tank get through the cycle faster. But it also wont hurt anything either.

+1 Lil. I used all dry rock from reefrocks.net Zber. He has really great prices and he will cut you as many shelfs as you would like for no extra charge. Tell Him Justin sent you. Shipping is free.

I used all dry rock and got five pieces of LR from my neighbor to help peed up my cycle time. It worked great.
Good luck

Back