75 gal build

75gallonsalt017.jpg

75gallonsalt014.jpg

75gallonsalt007.jpg

well lost my fire fish,not sure why,must have been to much stress due to shipping,my condy had a nice meal out of the dead fire fish,i know it sounds bad but why waste it by throwing it away,found this morning one of my snails trying to eat my serpent star,im like WTF! it ate almost the whole leg! i gave the snail a beating with the tongs,star is not looking happy though

ok time to update again,well i modded my coralife 125 with the fishing line and the out spout,critters are a little unhappy since i added a new DIY sump that now holds 5 times as much as my last sump and i also added a fuge,and an algae scrubber so the last 2 days have been crazy busy,so here are a couple pics

Attachments

• 75 gallon salt 008.jpg
    75 gallon salt 008.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 75 gallon salt 010.jpg
    75 gallon salt 010.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 75 gallon salt 011.jpg
    75 gallon salt 011.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 203
ok another update, got my condy moved this morning,credit card trick worked after a couple days of powerhead not doing the trick,looked shrivled up this morning and i was shocked the way it looked,so i figured to move it and see if it improved and an hour later its literaly 10 times the size it was this morning! guess thats a good thing? anyway removed the old tiny sump and built my own,made a algae scrubber in the first compartment,a fuge to go in the second compartment and the third is for the skimmer and return pump,also modded my skimmer with a new outlet and some fishing line on the impeller,seems to be doing great now,just have to wait on the scrubber to grow algae now,2 days and so far nothing visable yet,have a 60 watt cf 2700k bulb on the one side

Attachments

• 75 gallon salt 010.jpg
    75 gallon salt 010.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
actualy dt tank is pretty clean,just covering my back lol so i can add more fish at a later date,lost one clown,so im at 2 left,the 3rd smallest didnt get over the stress i guess because he never started eating.

ok another update today,my scrubber is finaly starting to see some growth,and my one clown is still not eating that ive been able to see,seems to be breathing harder then normal,this is not a oxygen issue as i have lots of ripples on the surface,i am seeing something funny along the fishes lateral line,possable lateral line erosion?
will be almost impossible to get pics since the fish stays in hiding

It would be very unusual for a clown to get HLLE. It is more likely he has ich or clown fish disease, or he is simple stressed.

What other fish do you have in the tank and is anyone bothering him?

Back