75 gal build

i only have 2 other fish in the tank and both clowns stay close together most of the time,and a flasher wrasse and hes very non agressive,still another day of no eating

Then i would say he has some of disease, like ich or something. If you cant get him to eat, im not sure there is much hope for him.

Are you sure the other clown fish is not bullying him?

yea im sure,its almost like the healthy one is protecting the sick one,if the wrasse comes close to the sick one he chases the wrasse off then comes back to the sick one

ok so i am updating with note that im just not to happy with my leds,i have decided to got with 2 250w 15k halides and 4 actinic t5s,with that being said,i hope i will not be burning any of my corals i have already,nothing is in the top half of the tank so do i still need to move everything to the bottom f the tank? i get the feeling that 250w is alot for a standard 75

I've had 2 250w MH and 4 T5 bulbs over my tank since it was setup. It's alot but, it's not too much for a 75. If you are worried about any of your corals, you don't need to move them to the bottom of the tank, you can just cut back the lighting period and slowly make it longer over a month or so.

could you post a picture of your LED's? the fixture and a FTS photo? I was about to upgrade my t5's to LED's this week but after reading this, kind of makes me think otherwise.

well i built my own led system so dont go by what i said its just im having problems with the solder joints comming loose and having to resolder them back,and i have 48 3 watt leds
75gallonsalt025-1.jpg

75gallonsalt010-1.jpg

yes i tinned the wires,it just didnt want to stay and keeps comming loose so im tired of the problems,i may try a differant wireing setup but im still going to go with the halides and t5s

well 2 more days and ill have my new lights! cant wait for them to arrive,why is it when your waiting for something it taked forever to get here?

well i havent decided yet wether ill be building a new light setup for my 10g nano,or finding another use for them,i know ill have 2 mean well drivers that will be extra though

yay i finaly got my ligh this morning,been a busy day removing the canopy and putting together the new light,man do i wish i had just got this light to begin with,soooo much brighter! corals are already showing improvement! just ging to be sorry when the electric bill comes lol,but sooo worth it.cant wait to get some more awsome corals!

Attachments

• 75 gallon salt 002.jpg
    75 gallon salt 002.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 852
  • 75 gallon salt 004.jpg
    75 gallon salt 004.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,104
for some reason the leds just didnt do it for me like the halides are lol,tank didnt get above 81 so i guess ill be alright,it was sitting at about 80.1 and 80.7 while both halides were on for about 4 hours today

well started increasing the time on the halides by about an hour,corals really seem to be liking it,zoas are kinda a little overpowered though when the halides are on,hope they get used to this lighting soon,so far as long as the house temp is 73 the tank does not get above 80.4 the temp fluctuates between 79.5 and 80.4 since setup

another update,selling my leds to a friend and going to make the plunge and get some new coral frags,ill be getting a sunset monti frag,purple grape monti,some zoas and mabey a few others this next week im hoping,ill be going to the cora frag swap in columbus ohio on the 17th to see if i can pic up some other corals i like,got my lights up to 6 hours a day on the halides and 12 hours on the actinic t5s,my algae scrubber is really starting to show growth and the cheato is growing like mad,have my 10g dwarf seahorse tank going strong with one male seahorse,2 star fish,and several feeder marine shrimp

Attachments

• trip to minnasota 016.jpg
    trip to minnasota 016.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 584
  • trip to minnasota 021.jpg
    trip to minnasota 021.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 486
Tank looks great. I was thinking on building an LED light until I saw how much it was going to cost compared to a MH/T5 fixture. Like you said, the hydro bill will tank a beating, but it's only money and they print it everyday.

ok,well didnt have the money to go to the frag swap,money came in monday instead of friday,darn! anyhow,ordered from saltcritters.com and picked up 4 coral frags at 5 bucks each,also ordered a new 5 stage ro/di system,and a big bucket of salt,will make a trip to get some rock here this weekend if possible,on another note had a great deal on a picasso clown for 20 bucks

Attachments

• 75 gallon salt 022.jpg
    75 gallon salt 022.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 75 gallon salt 021.jpg
    75 gallon salt 021.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 75 gallon salt 033.jpg
    75 gallon salt 033.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 254
Back