Alexander's 80gal

Re: newest fish tank

hate to hear that Alexander, I have lost four copperbands in my time. I am still stupid enough to try another one in my 90 gallon. Crossing my fingers.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I don't see enough anthias in fish tanks. try some of those, or a nice foxface.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

So obviously this is no longer my newest tank though the title can be misleading. Maybe it can be changed. Anyways I thought I would give a small update on my 80 gal. I just barely got it moved to my new house. It had to stay at my parents across town while i was working on buying my house. it stayed there for about 12 months. It is extremely hard to maintain a fish tank across town so this tank got NEGLECTED. and in a major way. Aside from the 50% new water i put in last night when i moved it it hasnt seen a water change in over 2 months! heck canister filter hasnt even been cleaned in 2 months. My tang didnt get ich at all and swims around happily. The worst of it seems to be my large zoanthid colony. I am really hoping it will open back up soon. Anyways i was surprised at all the tests i did tonight and how they came out.

sg - 1.027
temp - 83.5
ph - 7.8
ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 0

Tank set back up and not aquascaped.

DSC_0001.jpg

poor poor zoanthids

DSC_0002.jpg

and if you can see past the filthy glass here is my tang just zoomin around and grazing the rocks.

DSC_0007.jpg

Thanks Dustin. Yeah its really cool. Kinda plain coloration. but i like the subtle yellow tints. It really does a good job picking at the rocks and glass. It was my second fish I ever bought so we go way back :)

He looks like he's in great shape considering. Your parameters are amazing too. Your bacteria must have a serious case of the munchies lol.

yeah i really thought i had some major work cut out for me. well i still do but its not in any kind of serious danger and thats awesome.

Dont look like there was much of an algae problem with it.
Maybe our tanks would do better if we didnt tinker with em so much.
Looks good Alexander.Like that tang too.

You know it used to be really bad, just easily removable hair though. Once I added 2 another mj1200 and aquaclear 50 it was no big deal 4 powerheads and it cleared right up. Quite a bit of film algae but that's good because that's the tangs nutrition. I guess the only thing I had working in my favor is its been set up for almost 2 years so its mature enough to handle some abuse lol.

Back