Beeguiles 29 gallon reef

Yea I pulled out my handy dandy smartphone at the store to quick research him. Saw that. He's cooler looking than a shrimp :) would he even eat a coral banded shrimp?

Hm well I don't have any shrimp right now. I did want the coral banded shrimp. Maybe ill give it a try when o get more store credit for the Kenyas. I kinda like them dropping off now bc I just build up my credit till I see something cool :) wish they were worth more though.

to be honest, you might be better off without the CBS. They can be very shy and well behaved when you first get them but once established they can turn into monsters going after your fish and other inverts.

Here is a video of sniper right after feeding time. He was still looking for morsels in the kenya trees. Sorry about my husband and his dad in the background talking about slitting throats and nonsense. They were talking about the movie they were watching..men..ugh. lol anyways the hawkfish is doing great. He has a big appetite and is active. So far so good.

Longnose hawkfish - YouTube

Last edited:
quick question , what kind of powerheads do you have, i think i may have to trade out my Koralia 3 for maybe a K2 seems like the K3 is too strong , your tank looks nice btw :D

Jcegt87 I have two koralia nano 425's. They seem to do the job for me. Gives it the nice wavey effect. Not a whirlwind. Pretty good price too. I got two for 65 bucks..that's including the shipping. I went to buycheaper.com and just searched for powerheads. And thanks for the compliment :)

Hottuna, thanks. I like the black and white mix. I've noticed lighter substrate get dirty looking so the black seems to be working out pretty well.

Should I add more rock to the left side of the tank? I was thinking maybe move that roundish rock with the Gsp on it and get some other rocks and stack them up in the left side to create another bridge connected to the two large rocks snd then stack up rocks on top of that with little spaces between then so my six line can swim throughout them? I wanna stack them all the way up to the top of the water on the left side against the back of the glass. Does that sound like it would look good? I don't really wanna do anything on the right side. I like the arch thing I got there. But the left side is kinda ehh. What type of rock would look good in there. I want it to look more full with caves and nooks for more places to fit corals. Let me know what you think. also good places to find quality and good priced live rock.

IMAG1053.jpg

if you want to add more rock, i suggest adding dry rock, that way you dont have to cure it. I would suggest checking out marcorocks.com. They have great prices, and their rocks are awesome!

And i like the idea of building up the left side, giving it levels always makes it more pleasing to the eye.

Will dry rock become live rock with the coraline and the corals can be attached to it? What if I just buy more live rock that is already cured or it that a waste of money if the dry rock can just be seeded by the rock I already have? Yea I like my tank but idk I think it needs improvement. It's kinda boring don't now rock wise. I think its bc I got such huge pieces for a small tank.

The tank is look wonderful! Great colors! I've always liked the look of the maxi nem, but am a little cautious with anemones.
Personally, I'm going to vote to avoid putting in too much more live rock. in there - I think right now it looks open and natural - if you put more rock in there it might just get that rock wall effect. Again, looking great right now!

I'm with parrotchute, I like how the rock looks now too, nice and open...but, we've all been there where we stare and stare and something (to us) just isn't right and we're not going to be happy til it's different.
I think dry rock would be the way to go for sure...tonga branch would mix it up, and a bridge, you got lots of good suggestions!
I got some awesome dry tonga branch from brs, kinda mixes it up from just lumps of rock. Not that my rockwork is anything to look at right now :)

Back