d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

gonna be awesome Dennis. The shelving unit will house Ro and premixed salt right? Looks like we have many of the same plans. The area is coming together very well. Keep up the great work!

Is the white prop in the corner for mixing salt or is it EcoTech's new secret Super VorTech? :D

bahahaha! Now that's funny. :lol:

In my old house I took a table top fan apart and mounted just the motor/blades to a 2x4 and hung it on the wall to give me some circulation. Now it's just one of those things I haven't dealt with after the move.

Holy freakin crap.
I just emptied my wallet at BRS on sch 80 plumbing parts. Those union ball valves alone cost a fortune! :shock: :grumble:

Also placed an order with thefilterguyz for some new filters and a couple misc parts.

And another order with a sprinkler/irrigation website where I found a manifold and parts to run my reactors.

My tank should be shipping out today and at my LFS by thursday, then hopefully my house on friday. :Cheers:

Holy freakin crap.
I just emptied my wallet at BRS on sch 80 plumbing parts. Those union ball valves alone cost a fortune! :shock: :grumble:

Also placed an order with thefilterguyz for some new filters and a couple misc parts.

And another order with a sprinkler/irrigation website where I found a manifold and parts to run my reactors.

My tank should be shipping out today and at my LFS by thursday, then hopefully my house on friday. :Cheers:

I stopped buying at the filter guys and just use BRS since it was cheaper for my RO unit and was the same filters. Plus I love how the BRS carbon comes perfectly measured and vacuum packed like coffee.

Ya, i tried brs for that once but the ones I ended up with seemed cheaper quality.
I also needed some other items that only thefilterguys have.
Plus, their customer service is so good, I try to use them when i can. :Cheers:

Ya, i tried brs for that once but the ones I ended up with seemed cheaper quality.

Sounds good Denis I think I may use them for my plumbing bits when I set up my new tank :D

:question:

Dang I never felt that way but whatever's clever.

Well, i got a call from my LFS. My tank is in.
But Deap Sea drilled the wrong side! I have to have plumbing coming out the right side of the back glass in order to go through the wall into my garage. Behind the left side of the tank is my bathroom. They drilled the left. :chair:

But... my lfs says they can drill the opposite side, and plug the original holes with bulkheads. Then if I ever need to have plumbing on the left the whole will be there. And we're trying to get a discount from DSA.

My LFS sent the diagram and all that but you'd think if there was ANY question, or even if there wasn't, you would call the LFS to go over the final specs before building the damn thing. :rolleyes:

Awwww man that sucks but then again a discount and available plumbing options are always a plus.

I am sure you could find something to fill that little hole with bwahahaha.

By the way I was rolling on your Tang on a leash comment. I bet nobody even noticed that but that was funny. Imagine doing that haha.

haha, nuttin like a well trained tang. ;)

Pics from LFS.
That coast-to-coast overflow should surface skim like a mutha!

7163464595_a2ea132055_c.jpg

7163464483_4822932b5b_c.jpg

Very nice Dennis. I'd a been a little pissed at the drilling though. I'd tell em it is a custom install, and now they jacked it up to the point they have to drill new holes, and that I WILL NOT BE PAYING FOR ANY OF IT!

Well whatever you do good luck. You can even tell them you want a new tank and that you don't want the holes plugged.

For that much money I would probably do that. If you ever have a leak you will wish you did. I would probably be looking at it all the time hoping it doesn't leak.

Just get a new one.

Back