d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

haha, nuttin like a well trained tang. ;)

Pics from LFS.
That coast-to-coast overflow should surface skim like a mutha!

7163464595_a2ea132055_c.jpg

7163464483_4822932b5b_c.jpg

Good god, have fun aquascaping that! :mrgreen: So jealous

Dang 20 feet. Will you need a pump?

I am making a thread right now about gravity feeding my top off water. Since I do not want to hi-jack the thread to talk about it go read it and tell me what you think.

Haha like I or anyone could hi-jack the thread but it would be rude to change the subject.

IF you want to come out this way and help me move my tank I'll be more then happy to help move that tiny thing! :shock: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Dang 20 feet. Will you need a pump?

Say wha? What's 20 ft?

My tank is 84x24x24.
Your friend's tank size is sweet! Nice sump. I'd never do an acrylic display tank though.
That tv show Tanked wanted me on their show (free tank!) but I turned it down once I realized they only build acrylic tanks. Too easily scratched.

I was referring to the 20 foot of water line you said for the RO.

Now how do you get an offer to be on Tanked for free. Jeesh was it just a free tank or free e everything?

Tell them I'll do it and let them install a tank in the wall on my staircase so you can see from my front door to the back door. Haha the house may fall in then.

Oh, as long as you have water pressure the RO unit will send the water through the lines no problem. Up, down, whatever. I had a much longer run at the old house and with questionable water pressure.

As for the show, they were doing casting calls and I was in the market for a new tank so I gave them my info and got a couple call backs. The show takes care of expenses. But free or not, i need to live with the tank and decided it wasnt for me.

My tank is 84x24x24.
Your friend's tank size is sweet! Nice sump. I'd never do an acrylic display tank though.
That tv show Tanked wanted me on their show (free tank!) but I turned it down once I realized they only build acrylic tanks. Too easily scratched.

I love the look of brand new acrylic tanks.
However, I have seen far too many acrylic tanks look like they were run through with a sander and they were only running for a couple of months. I know for a fact that with me an acrylic would end up with the same fate.
My glass tank has been with me for over 10 years and although it has scratches on it, it still looks good despite the abuse it has taken.

Your new tank looks amazing. I can't wait to see it set up :^:
I would love to set up something of that scale, but after having to move 3 times in 10 years, I shudder to think of the logistics involved with that beast.

I would probably just buy a motorcoach and install the aquarium there. That way, I can just move the entire thing and hook it up at the new house when I move.

The holes have been drilled in the new tank and the old holes have been plugged.
Delivery on tuesday!

Meanwhile, just finished up my water mixing station which I've been working on for weeks now on and off, and started work on the BeanAnimal plumbing.

The mixing station uses one pump and I can do the following:
1. Send fresh RO/DI water from the top container to the bottom container.
2. Pull water out of the bottom of the bottom container and send back to the top of the bottom container to mix saltwater.
3. Drain water from the top container into a any other container via the flex hose.
4. Ditto for the bottom container.

The last two will work great for getting water into containers and to my office for my nano tank. :)

You can also see some 1/4" water lines. The blue on top is the feed from the RO/DI unit and is complete with a float valve inside the container. The yellow will be run to my sump for auto top-off. Eventually there will be one more water line run to the sump which will be part of my auto water change setup using the LiterMeter pumps.

7170151861_a30694baee_o.jpg

7355364526_78f2295403_o.jpg

7170152133_9662935b40_o.jpg

7170152177_4b14de8b29_o.jpg

7355364750_bce415dbf4_o.jpg

7355364426_cf9e7c70ce_o.jpg

This setup is going to be beyond amazing! You must be one loaded guy to be able to do all this!! Lol looks great and awesome job! :)

Back