d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

haha, nuttin like a well trained tang. ;)

Pics from LFS.
That coast-to-coast overflow should surface skim like a mutha!

7163464595_a2ea132055_c.jpg

7163464483_4822932b5b_c.jpg

This.... :shudder:

SO EXCITED.

Well whatever you do good luck. You can even tell them you want a new tank and that you don't want the holes plugged.

For that much money I would probably do that. If you ever have a leak you will wish you did. I would probably be looking at it all the time hoping it doesn't leak.

Just get a new one.

Nah, I have no problem with having a few extra bulkheads. There's no reason they should leak with a proper pvc plug, especially being at the surface of the water. Very little head pressure. I don't think I will, but the extra holes could also be used for return lines.

But I would like some kind of discount from DSA just based on principal and for the fact that I COULD have them redo the whole tank but willing to work around it and save them the hassle/cost of shipping, labor and materials.

For me, I've found that things like this are not worth the aggravation and stress, and not worth another two month wait just to prove a point. Been there, done that.
Now if the tank came in at the wrong size or something that couldn't be fixed, that's a different story. But in this case we're looking at something that's a relatively easy fix.

But what DSA decides is going to have a definite effect on how this plays out on the world wide interwebs. ;)

Last edited:
Nah, I have no problem with having a few extra bulkheads. There's no reason they should leak with a proper pvc plug, especially being at the surface of the water. Very little head pressure. I don't think I will, but the extra holes could also be used for return lines.

But I would like some kind of discount from DSA just based on principal and for the fact that I COULD have them redo the whole tank but willing to work around it and save them the hassle/cost of shipping, labor and materials.

For me, I've found that things like this are not worth the aggravation and stress, and not worth another two month wait just to prove a point. Been there, done that.
Now if the tank came in at the wrong size or something that couldn't be fixed, that's a different story. But in this case we're looking at something that's a relatively easy fix.

But what DSA decides is going to have a definite effect on how this plays out on the world wide interwebs. ;)

Yeah they should at least knock 25% off. They probably mark it up enough to shave 60% off but if they don't come back with at least 25% I would not be happy.

Yeah the hassle would be just that a hassle.

The holes are somewhat advantageous as a return or you could slap some PVC and set up one of those wavemakers for the surface agitation only.

Well whatever you know what you are doing or are going to do. Hook it up! Frikin return panels look like a foot thick haha. Man you could store shit in there.

Alright just get it over with and build a hydroponic weed growing system and house the fish underneath. Everyone wins!!!:bouncycig

Aww...that's such a cute wittle tank!!! :D Love it! Wally's and the kid are gonna have a blast swimming laps in there!

Here ya go... this is for the freaky ones (all of you pretty much). :D
My new sink in the garage, which doubles as a RO/DI station. I just need to run the water line about 20 feet or so to where my water storage tanks will be.
I think I need some new filters too. :razz:

7202832648_4d1e657a10_c.jpg

i think you should look into a dual r/o membrane, your water loss will be greatly reduced. since u have a huge tank i would really really do it.. when i slapped that dual on man did i notice a huge difference in water saved. my ratio is 1:1 now, it was roughly 1:3 (1good to 3bad) before. :P

Back