d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

Yup, we close on the old house this week and lease it back until we close on the new one in feb.
I have some flexible PVC under my tank now. I like it but it is pretty stiff. I use a mix of that and hard PVC.

I like it but it is pretty stiff.

...........too easy :mrgreen:

But yeah, it will be tricky since you shouldn't bend it anyway. Defeats the purpose. But mine was more complicated since my tank plumbing is aimed lengthwise (one short end of the tank is against the wall, as opposed to a long side). If you put your length of the tank against the adjoining wall might not need as many bends as mine did. Ah well. You'll figure it out :D Definitely less head loss if you can use the tube.

Maybe you two should get a room? :Cheers:

Obviously you haven't been paying attention....the room's under construction ;)

Is the fish room the last pic w/ the recessed lighting?

See how I'm trying to keep it on topic, despite efforts of a couple of preverted individuals who insist on turning this thread into an epic fail like your first imaginary tank build? :D

Look what just arrived, straight from Ecotech. :smile:
This makes number 4.
That should be plenty to light up this tank.

6721494045_9a98f5f610_o.jpg

I has an envy. A great big green-eyed one. One day, when I'm all grown up, I'm gonna have a celebrity tank too, and companies will send me cool :pooh:. Seriously, I'm totally diggin' the idea of building a house around an epic tank. Now if only I could win the lottery.......

I believe they add quarter-round to match the wood floor. The tile that is already down is under the molding, but it was still installed afterwards. They had to cut the base of the molding. But what this does I guess is make sure that every piece of molding matches up along the top edge as floors transition from one material to the next. Also, the wood floor and carpet is the absolute last thing they do so it doesn't get ruined.

I'm sure in the end it all comes down to money... knowing they way they build houses around here. :rolleyes:

Back