d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

Wood floors are in!

T-minus 12 days till move-in. :)

20120128DSC6479CrossCreek-XL.jpg

20120128DSC6478CrossCreek-XL.jpg

Oh man, a few days late to get into this one, but i'm excited! Can't wait to see what you do! Also beautiful dining room. My girlfriend and i are talking about similar ceilings.

Nice floors I love that color
Thanks!

Oh man, a few days late to get into this one, but i'm excited! Can't wait to see what you do! Also beautiful dining room. My girlfriend and i are talking about similar ceilings.
Thanks, ya the ceiling makes it a little more interesting.

When do the tanks show up!? DId you sell your old cube tank with your old place? Can't wait to see the build!
Nah, i posted in that build thread today that it sold to a local coral shop. They actually built the tank when they were at a different location. Sold it back to them at a real good price and they are babysitting all my livestock until this one gets running. :Cheers:

Well, I'm all moved in to the new house.

Do you think I should place my order for my new tank this weekend? :D

Looks like I'm going to do an 84"L x 22-24"W x 24"H tank with at least starphire front glass. Overflow will be an internal coast-to-coast with a BeanAnimal Failsafe plumbing setup going through the wall into the garage where I will have all equipment.

Who wants to build me a steel stand? :shock:

Ok i need serious plumbing help. Diagrams would be awesome! :D
But if you are not artistically inclined but speak somewhat decent engrish, verbal descriptions would help.

My tank will be in the house but everything else will be in the garage. Here's the equipment list, things that need to be plumbed together.

1. Sump container for skimmer and fuge (live rock and cheato)
2. Second sump container for return/top off
2. Skimmer. External for this size tank??? Or stick with internal skimmer?
3. Container for deep sand bed. I'm not 100% on this but contemplating it. Thoughts?
4. Frag grow out tank
5. CHILLER!

Ok i need serious plumbing help. Diagrams would be awesome! :D
But if you are not artistically inclined but speak somewhat decent engrish, verbal descriptions would help.

My tank will be in the house but everything else will be in the garage. Here's the equipment list, things that need to be plumbed together.

1. Sump container for skimmer and fuge (live rock and cheato)
2. Second sump container for return/top off
2. Skimmer. External for this size tank??? Or stick with internal skimmer?
3. Container for deep sand bed. I'm not 100% on this but contemplating it. Thoughts?
4. Frag grow out tank
5. CHILLER!

How much room do you have in the garage? A big sump is always a great advantage if you have the room... I don't see a reason to have more than one container for the sump/return. 16" for the protein skimmer (so you have plenty of room for any skimmer you want), 4" for the bubble trap, 16" for the fuge (lots of room there too), and 12" for the return. You could do all that in a 75 gallon tank...

I'd say an internal skimmer would be fine... Like a super reef octopus 3000 or 5000 or somethin...

I don't know about the deep sand bed but I guess you could do that in the fuge?

If you have the frag tank low to the ground you could have the the overflow from the main tank going to the frag tank, and the overflow in the frag tank goes down the sump? Dunno sound pretty complicated. :?

And why a chiller? All them LEDs and you want a chiller?? :zombie:

Dennis, what you're looking for sounds very similar to how I want to set my tank upgrade. When I get back from the gym I'll sketch out how I've been looking at setting mine up and maybe I can use some of your ideas for mine too :)

Back