d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

Came home tonite to find my basket star had moved from his gorgonian to the australian hammer coral next door. o_O

20131211_C110122_200gReef.jpg

Man, i'm currently dumping 4 cups of alk 2-part into my tank per day! And this morning my alk is still below 6.5dkh!
Looks like its time to start looking at calcium reactors. This is getting redic. :(

That's crazy man. Probably cuz you're so heavily stocked with calcarous corals. Good luck, though.

P.S. FWIW, Yall still have awesome growth and great looking corals.

Thanks Kyle.
My coralline growth is crazy too.
But i think i'm having a problem with Alk precipitation. You should have seen my gfo reactor this month. I literally had to chisel the damn gfo out of it. I was rock hard and there was a white film completely covering the interior walls. Going to try moving the alk output to my refugium to give it a much longer dwell/mix time in the water before it enters my return line and then the manifold which feeds my reactors.
Maybe that will help!

Thanks, Kelz!

This is probably too much resolution... you can see wayyyyy too much! hahahah
Two 36 megapixel shots quickly stitched together. :D

clicky clicky
20131215_DSC3285_200gReef.jpg

That frogspawn is redonkulous.! Your tank is amazing. Truly an inspiration. Well done sir. Tip of the cap to you . Do all montis. (I believe they are montis the purple plate looking corals you have) have the white edges? My red one does as well. Is that a sign of growth much like the branching sps sometimes have white tips where they are growing?

Last edited:
haha, yeah… that thing is huge! And i've sold off at least twice that much in frags over the years.

Yes, the edges are always white or a really light color.

This basket star is a basket case. He's still going rogue all over my tank.
The other two... They are where they should be... on gorgonians.

20131219_C190271_reef.jpg

Also picked up this guy yesterday... for a freakin steal! Only $60 bucks! :eek:
Check out the prices on Divers Den for indonesia ultra open brains.

20131221_C210277_reef.jpg

Thanks! :)

And i don't know what kind of plate coral it is... just that it's a plate coral. I've had it for like 3.5 years.

Did you ditch the radions Dennis? That little pic beside your parameters don't look like no radions I've ever seen!
Yeah, I'm back to mh/t5 for a while to see how I like it. Have had only led on this tank but there's things I miss about my old mh/t5 setup. So we'll see how it goes. :)

like that basket star (aswel as your whole tank) is it still roaming around? whats its main food source?
You know, i'm not sure if that guy is still around but my other two are still on their respective gorgonians.

Back