d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

I literally skimmed though this page by page to see how it started to where it is now. You tank leaves me blown away just like many others. I hope one day I'll be able to create something as amazing!!

More progress in the fishroom!
The frag tank side of the new fuge/frag tank is now fully functional. It's got plenty of room for frags on two racks on two different levels that I can slide back and forth as needed as well as the entire floor. Again you can see how the water overflows from the fuge side into the frag side, and then it goes through the 1" pipe down to the big sump. Flow in the frag tank is provided by an old MP40. The only downside with this setup is that access to the frag tank is limited with all the plumbing in the way, but gravity and space is working against me so it is what it is. Not ideal, but it works. :cool:

You can also see the new Poseidon 200 Ozone Generator connected to the LifeReef Skimmer.
Next to it is my lovely new 1g container that holds my Alkalinity mix. It's free... and it doesn't leak! Unlike the Vertex Vessels i tried previously. Several times. Calcium is still ok so I haven't added that yet. Will also eventually have a small container for Magnesium.

There's still lots of minor tweaks and cleaning up to do. :)

20130804_8040933_200gReef.jpg

20130804_8040929_200gReef.jpg

20130804_8040925_200gReef.jpg

20130804_8040939_200gReef.jpg

Dang killer set up! Looking real good! How far above the water are your lights, for both the display and frag?

Btw on the refuge/mangrove section do you leave the light on 24/7?

Dang killer set up! Looking real good! How far above the water are your lights, for both the display and frag?

Btw on the refuge/mangrove section do you leave the light on 24/7?
Not sure on the height. I'll have to measure.
The light over the fuge is on from noon to 10pm. 10 hours of full strength 200w daylight should be more than enough. Plants need sleep too! :D And i'll have fish in there soon.

Wow. Even the frag tank gets an MP40 and Radions !
My main tank does not even have those :)
Yeah, and I wish i had another MP for the fuge! :)
My cheap koralia crapped out last night.
It's nice to have similar lighting over the frag tank so i don't have to acclimate when moving back and forth between frag tank and display. :)

You never cease to amaze, Dennis!
That's what she said! :bounce:

Hu I wonder if your going to get a lot of algea growth on that back end where it overflows down into the frag tank especially with that radion on that side. Well it will be a built in algea scruber lol.

Hu I wonder if your going to get a lot of algea growth on that back end where it overflows down into the frag tank especially with that radion on that side. Well it will be a built in algea scruber lol.

Actually, i thought about attaching some screen to it! hahahaha :mrgreen:

Back