d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

haha!
Here's an older shot from 6 months ago... :)
Btw, my sps are just now starting to take off. Some of them anyway.

8470039726_a069e3f93c_o.jpg

Got some extra macros from live-plants.com yesterday for the refugium.
You really get a lot from them, nice quantity and packing.
The only issue I had was the Dragon's Breath broke up quite a bit, it's real fragile. But i still ended up with a nice sized piece.

So here's a few updated pics of the refugium.
I'll be trimming the mangroves down this weekend to encourage branching. Until now I've been letting them get over the shock of being transplanted into the new tank.

The little pump on the left isn't plugged in any longer. I just forgot to remove it before the pics.
The two koralias are creating a circular flow within the tank.

20130919_9191066_200gReef-XL.jpg

20130919_9191060_200gReef.jpg

20130919_9191061_200gReef-L.jpg

20130919_9191062_200gReef-L.jpg

20130919_9191063_200gReef-L.jpg

Dennis
how long have you had the gorg's in the macro tank and do you do any supplementary feedings?

I'm thinking of setting up something like this and have been collecting marcroalgae. Strangely I've had more luck with non-photo gorg than the photosynthetic ones.

Think I'll steal your idea with the rods and the mangroves - mine sit on holes in a floating Styrofoam sheet.

Photos are excellent as usual. Love the purple monti cap.

Dennis
how long have you had the gorg's in the macro tank and do you do any supplementary feedings?

I'm thinking of setting up something like this and have been collecting marcroalgae. Strangely I've had more luck with non-photo gorg than the photosynthetic ones.

I have had those same photosynthetic ones for over a year in my display tank. The ones in the fuge are from when i first set it up this summer.
I don't spot feed them anything.

d2mini updated d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

200g Display tank with fish room, display refugium and frag tank.

We built a new house and I built this completely custom setup specifically for the space I chose in the new house (the dining room) which shares a wall with our garage, making it a perfect place to finally have a fish room. The tank was ordered through my local fish store and built by Deep Sea Aquatics to my specifications of 7' x 2' x 2' with a coast-to-coast overflow and drilled for a BeanAnimal drain setup. I also ordered their support stand which I knew would eventually be covered by custom floor-to-ceiling cabinetry. A did all the plumbing and fish room construction myself. My discussion thread has tons of pics of the process, even showing the garage floor being epoxy coated.

Other notable equipment is Ecotech Radion Pros for lighting, two Ecotech Vortech MP60's and two MP40's for flow. I am currently using a LifeReef skimmer. The return pump is a Reeflo Barracuda Gold and it provides flow for the entire system including my reactors which are fed through a manifold plumbed into the return. And the whole tank, including daily Auto Water Changes, is controlled by a GHL Profilux controller.

View updates to this showcase item...

Back