d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

No, your CUC should have some nassarius snails to sift the sand, and if your tank is big enough, jawfish, sifting gobies, stars, cucumbers, conchs, etc.

Hey Dennis, I just read your stock list. How do your tangs get along together and with your angel? I hope to have Z. veliferum, Z. flavescens, C. tominiensis, A. achilles and G. lamarckii when we eventually move into a house. I just noticed that you have a similar list. And I do intend on getting them all on the smaller side.

I've never vacuumed my substrate in my reef tanks.
Now I've only had them running for 2-3 years before upgrading. So I can't really give a long term report beyond that.

Hey Dennis, I just read your stock list. How do your tangs get along together and with your angel? I hope to have Z. veliferum, Z. flavescens, C. tominiensis, A. achilles and G. lamarckii when we eventually move into a house. I just noticed that you have a similar list. And I do intend on getting them all on the smaller side.

Mine all get along just fine. The blue throat trigger, too. :)

BTW, that cyphastrea i posted above went totally down hill. It's at least 50% gone. I have no idea why. I hate that!!! :mad:

Hey Dennis Nice pick up man, on that cyphastrea im sure you know this but I also just got a frag of it a bit ago and I noticed it really did not like the light at all in my tank, so I put it under a ridge and its now starting to grow and spread on the frag plug, Hope this help, I have hear of people keeping them in the light and them changing color depending where they are placed but they always say acclimate slowly like any other coral, Being as you have the radions try it in the shade for a bit and see if that help. That is if you haven't already. It helped with mine.

Thanks!
I had moved it to my frag tank which has my old gen 1 radion and it's in the corner where it's getting less light. It looks like hell but i think it has stopped deteriorating. Now to see if it recovers.
The person i got it from had it out in the open under his radion pros. But maybe the frags weren't in that location for very long. They were getting ready to tear down their tank so there was no mother colony to observe, location wise.

Finally picked up a social acclimation box!
Got this one from elite-aquatics.
Simple, works well and made well.

Oh, and picked up a Powder Brown Tang to test out the box. :D

2013-12-07__C070097.jpg

2013-12-07__C070092.jpg

2013-12-07__C070096.jpg

That looks like an overpriced piece of acryllic put on a CNC machine, cut out, cool little slits for flow machined in (or, more technically, out), glued into a box and sold for an even more overpriced price. But...it sure does look cool, especially with the powder brown that (didn't) comes with it!

Kinda like a tank, huh? ;)

I'm all for DIY, but since I don't own a cnc machine I hardly see it as overpriced.
If you don't have the cash, you can go get a critter keeper and some magnets and save yourself a few bucks. It'll look like hell but it's only temporary.

Kinda like a tank, huh? ;)

I'm all for DIY, it, but since I don't own a cnc machine I hardly see it as overpriced.
If you don't have the cash, you can go get a critter keeper and some magnets and save yourself a few bucks. It'll look like hell but it's only temporary.

I just have to give ya crap since yall always have the newest, coolest stuff. I do like it, but I don't have a need for one.

Do you get most of your stuff locally, or an online vendor? Most of the time the things you introduce are in great shape to begin with, and that's always a good way to start out :p

So cool! I love that your Tangs all seem to be camera hogs following you all around as you film the tank.
Haha yeah they're probably just hungry. :D

Do you get most of your stuff locally, or an online vendor? Most of the time the things you introduce are in great shape to begin with, and that's always a good way to start out :p
Most stuff is obtained locally either from our lfs or other hobbyists. All fish. Recently I've gotten some frags online but only from a couple select guys who some local reefers have had really good experiences with. And if there is a few of us ordering so we can save on shipping.

Back